“Great Weekend Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mendocino Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Mendocino Farmhouse
You added Mendocino Farmhouse to your Saves list
43410 Olson Lane, Mendocino, CA 95460   |
Ranked #12 of 23 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great Weekend Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Awesome! My friends and I wanted a girl's getaway for the weekend. We are so happy we picked this B&B because Margie is so great! She treated us like family in a low key way making sure we were comfortable and satisfied. The grounds are just beautiful with the pond and Redwood tree groves. Breakfast was also great with fresh eggs and homemade jams. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable. My friends and I will be back for sure. Thanks Margie!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shrewsbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Mendocino Farmhouse is surrounded by lawns, private garden spaces, a small pond and towering redwoods. There is a sense of peace and tranquility about the place which encourages deep relaxation. It is only 1.5 miles from Mendocino village and the coast or less than a 5 minute drive. Breakfasts were delicious, our host friendly, rooms were clean and very attractive. We stayed three nights. It was less expensive than many other B and B's that we considered staying out but we could not have asked for more. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in the Cedar room and have a lovely time. Our room and the lawn reserved for its guests were clean and tranquil. Breakfasts were delicious and generous (without being excessive or heavy). The Farmhouse is just a two or three minute drive from the coast and, to my mind, much more relaxing than larger and more expensive inns with an "ocean view," which too often means a clear view of Highway 1 and trees with a hint of water near the horizon.

Regarding booking and administrative matters, Margie was easy to work with, confirmed everything by email, and was flexible about our arrival time, despite it being somewhat late.

We look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed ourselves very much. The innkeeper was very professional, yet warm. The breakfasts were delicious and made from her own farm eggs and home made jams. We stayed in John's room, which is the largest room, and enjoyed the extra space. However, the very large bathroom is across the hall from the bedroom. This didn't pose a problem since we were the only ones in the main house. This may be a concern during the busy season. We had fresh towels and wash clothes very day instead of the usual once every 3 days at other places. The grounds were very pretty and quiet. No phones, no TV, no noise. We would return here and would recommend this B&B to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Living Social promotion and enjoyed every minute of it. The innkeeper was very gracious and welcoming. Her two granddaughters were staying with her for the summer and they were just as helpful cleaning up the breakfast tables (as well as underneath the table). We stayed in the downstairs room with a private door that led to the huge redwood trees. The room was very comfortable and quaint. It was a warm morning in which we had breakfast served on the beautiful outdoor deck. The deck overlooked the peaceful trees. As part of our Living Social deal, the innkeeper packed us a lunch before we headed off to explore the rest of this wonderful town. We were there in the summer and we hope to return during the fall/winter months for a different feel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I concur about previous posts regarding the owner inhospitality. I booked 3 nights for my children and I on a long (35 day trip) online. It had defaulted to the month of May on the website instead of June. I didn't catch it. The owner called when we obviously did not show up FOR BREAKFAST after not staying there the night before because it was a month early. I explained something must have happened with the reservation, because our reservations were suppose to be a month later in June. She had the June dates open, but refused to refund the one night (over $200) even though we were coming for 3 nights in June (and two rooms). So I told her politely to keep the 200, but she subsequently lost 3 nights in June for my children and I which went to a competitor. STUPID BUSINESS MOVE,.. but she could not grasp that idea on the phone and insisted on making me pay, eventhough she had availability and the chance to book us for June. Very unpleasant and unbending. I'd never stay there now.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I bought the living social deal for one night but after having difficulty trying to book just one night we decided on two. The home was beautiful. Our room was on the bottom floor; big comfy bed, private bathroom and our own private balcony looking out into the forest. The downside was the food and the unwelcoming In-Keeper. The food was okay but not comparable to other B&B's we have been to. Also, the fact that we weren't told the syrup for our pancakes was orange flavored didn't make for a great breakfast (needless to say I didn't eat). We were given a kid size glass of orange juice and wasn't offered anymore. I would have asked for more but felt it would have annoyed the In-keeper. Breakfast the second day was just as mediocre. From our room, we could hear the in-keeper openly laughing and talking with other guests but when it came to my husband and me there was no laughter- she never even made eye contact with me. Mainly she spoke to my (white) husband and made every effort not to acknowledge me. The dog Sage was a lot friendlier. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I definitely felt like a "colored" outsider.
We do not plan on returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mendocino Farmhouse? Share your experiences!