“The Perfect Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 23 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“The Perfect Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our first trip to Mendocino and we certainly lucked out staying two nights here! We stayed on the top floor and our room was so charming! It had a slight view of the coast and a fireplace in the room. The staff was so friendly and informative and the breakfasts brought to our room were amazing! It was within walking distance to many wonderful shops and restaurants. We even saw a play at the local community center. The walk around the jagged coast was incredible. We can not wait to return! I would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Hideaway Room which is a small cottage just a stones throw from the main b&b.
You don't get breakfast included when staying at the Hideaway but that didn't matter as there was a list of restaurants all within easy walking distance. It was also nice to have your own space rather than mingling with other guests in the main house. It was a lovely room, very nicely furnished with all the little details covered. Mendocino is a pretty seaside resort and I wished we had stayed at least 2 nights instead of just 1.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Headlands B&B. The whole experience was superb. Mendocino, CA, is a tiny romantic, peaceful, resort area. During the week we were there, a music festival was playing in town so all the hotel/motel/BB were booked, though the rates (about $300/night) seemed inordinately high to me, but not to my wife.

• Stayed July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Headlands inn is like visiting friends and family in your home town. We stayed for three nights this year. Mitch, Denise run a top of the line bed and breakfast with help from Geoffery, and Kelly. Headlands Inn IS Mendocino. While the building is old the atmosphere is fresh, welcoming and home. It is located in town so you don't have to drive until you are leaving town. We stay in the Wilson room on the second floor with the deck in the rear. The room is beautifully appointed with a four poster feather bed, wonderful pillows, fireplace and a private bathroom. Quiet time starts at 10PM and is respected by guests. A gourmet breakfast is served to your room in the morning with gourmet dishes you wish you could make at home. Every day is a different treat and every day is special. In the afternoon, tea is served with cookies in the second floor parlor. Port is also available. The owners and staff treat you like friends and really care that you are happy and comfortable. We got a bottle of wine from Mitch and Denise to celebrate our anniversary.Thanks. I have not stayed in a property where I have felt more at home and comfortable. The inn is usually full so I suggest booking in advance. It is full because visitors return year after year. Five stars is not enough.

Room Tip: The rooms are very different so look them over on the website. If there is only one room available...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed in Annies room and it was very, very nice. Comfortable and very clean. I only stayed one night and wished I had been able to stay longer. The place was very charming and the people running it were very friendly and accommodating. When I arrived I was given information about the area and recommendations for places to walk to and a wonderful cafe practically next door that had really good food. The breakfast was OUT OF THIS WORLD! I stay at B&Bs every chance I get and this was by far the best breakfast I've ever gotten at one. I even ate the fruit which I rarely do. I don't normally take pictures of my food, but it was so good here I just had to. If I come back to the area, I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Charm, charm, charm. Lovely room with a pre-made wood burning fireplace and an incredibly comfortable bed. The breakfasts served during our two night stays were honestly about the best I have ever had anywhere. Brought to your room piping hot with beautiful plating and fantastic taste. The location is excellent. The cookies and tea in the late afternoon are a nice touch, too. Ordinarily, I try to say find some flaw in a place to retain credibility but I am hard pressed to think of anything negative about this B & B. I guess the bathroom wasn't anything special. Please don't go here so there will be rooms available when we want to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a welcoming, well appointed, agreeable place to stay right in the center of town..the farmers Friday market right at your door. We were there for a wedding and were most pleased by our brother's selection as we are a rather picky group. The beds were the very best! Made me almost miss the ceremony. Breakfast is served in the bedrooms as there is no communal dining room. As it is served only at 9 and we are early risers, the staff most agreeably brought our coffee or tea up early and also prepared a take away breakfast for us as we had to depart at 7 am for the airport.
I would recommend this B&B for couples and or singles.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!