Nov 7-9, 2011
We stayed two nights in a lovely double (John Barry room) with a view of the water and a woodburning fireplace. The room was generously spacious and spotless. It as well as the other rooms and public areas were decorated in a chintzy, country style. Even the ceiling was wallpapered. The innkeepers, Denise and Mitch, were attentive and informative.
As said before, the breakfasts are amazing and worth the tariff. We had superb entrees each morning--a quiche with a cream cheese filling and a French toast unlike any before. The full breakfasts arrived at 8:45 sharp although the coffee arrived 30 minutes earlier. The only problem with this schedule--and this may pertain to only a small minority of guests--is that we waited so long until breakfast arrives. I awake early about 5:00. At 6:00 I go across the street to Moody's for a cup of strong coffee. Usually after breakfast, we are ready to go out and follow our day's itinerary about 8:30. The period from waking up to breakfast can be very long and unproductive for some vacationers.
If this is not a problem, then this place is the best--best breakfast, eg, fresh-squeezed OJ, best Mendocino location, best hosts, and best, ie, competitive, pricing for an upscale property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Headlands Inn is a distinctive Bed and Breakfast in the heart of picturesque, coastal Mendocino village. Casual elegance awaits you at this historic New England-style Victorian saltbox, where personalized service, charming accommodations, and tantalizing breakfasts ensure a perfect getaway! Ideally located, the Inn is only a short stroll to Mendocino's wonderful shops, galleries, restaurants, and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Come to relax, to reconnect, to celebrate -- Come and fall in love with Mendocino, and the Headlands Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlands Hotel Mendocino
- Headlands Inn Bed And Breakfast