“We really enjoyed our lunch” 4 of 5 stars

1552 City Center Rd, McKinleyville, CA 95519
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Redding, California
“We really enjoyed our lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife & I did not find the food or the service bad at all. We have eaten at many Mexican rests. from Southern Cal.(where they seem to be getting stingy for the price) to several good rests. in Redding,Ca. (Northern Calif) where we live. Luzmila's was not at all disappointing. we received good portions and great salsa choices (2) with chips(normal). fast service and very friendly. We would go back again when in the area. to be continued...

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arcata, CA
“OK, not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Honestly, this place is close to my house and has good parking. I like Rita's a whole lot better, but they have crappy parking and are not down the street, so it will do. Better than Taco Bell

MCKINLEYVILLE
“They Try Harder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

As the #2 Mexican restaurant in town, they want to please. But, really, how can you go wrong with most Mexican places? Large portions, they'd never think it's "cool" to give you dieter's portions, right?

La Canada, California
“Disappointing Mexican Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I love Mexican Restaurants and I seeked this one out in McKinleyville. It was quite disappointing. The restaurant looks like it used to be a Marie Callendars... so the place did not feel very Mexican and had very little atmosphere...I think they need to do more to the place to make it their own. The chips that they brought out before dinner were awful...extremely dry, brittle, and tasteless...all the salt and salsa I put on them did make them any better. This sort of set the mood...when the chips are good in a mexican reasturant it makes the whole meal and evening more fun. We ordered nachos with meat...which was also a disappointment...The meat wasn't anything really tasty and, once again, the chips they used were real bland. My margarita was OK but not good enough to order a second one!

• Visited May 2011