“Great cuisine!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ashland, Oregon
“Great cuisine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I had the locally brewed beer on draught from Fall River Mills Brewing while studying the menu. Ate two appetizers that were both extraordinary. Mine was "grownup tater tots" which was mashed potatoes and then fried with some sweet chili sauce. It was too darn good! My wife got one that also was tasty with beef in it. Can't remember what it was called, but it was very good. My main entree was an organic tender chicken breast that was superb and it came with more of those tasty mashed taters. Mmmmmmmmm..... so good. My wife had a beautifully done steak. I was so full of mostly the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten that I couldn't eat dessert, but it didn't stop us from ordering the carrot cake to go. We ate it the next evening and it was spectacular and humongous! Crumbs has the best food I've ever eaten in a very small town. Beautiful country with views of Mt. Shasta and Lassen Peak, two lovely Cascade volcanoes seen around the countryside of this town of McArthur.

• Visited June 2014

Bellevue, Washington
“Unexpected Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I travel around small towns in the rural West a lot, and it's rare to find food I'd rave about. But Crumbs in McArthur is very much rave-worthy! I ate two meals there and totally loved it. Shout-outs for the sushi rolls (who'd have thought?), the "Dinosaur Egg" and the Pork Picata - all yummy. Nice unusual wines by the glass too - what's not to love? All set in a nice bright cheery restaurant.

If you enjoy good food and you're in the area (it's worth the drive over from Burney) be sure to check it out.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fair Oaks, California
“*Service slow if you have a group”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Found this place on yelp and it had screaming reviews. So, made reservations for 10 of us, while staying a weekend in Fall River Mills. Well, we arrived at 6pm and were seated. There was another large party as well. We didn't get our food order taken for at least 45 minutes. The wine I wanted was out and they were out of a food item a few of us were interested in (don't recall what that was now). The crab money bags were pretty good and I'm glad I ordered them because my shrimp salad (3 shrimp and very small) wasn't going to come for another hour. All in all the food was pretty good, but I'd avoid the Sushi. They said it was flash frozen and flown in from the Phillipeans. All rolls seemed to be made with spicy tuna which seems like a good way to mask fish that isn't fresh. We finally left at 8:30 and most of us were pretty annoyed for the long dinner, when it didn't need to be. We just kept hearing they were sorry, the other large party threw them and the kitchen was small. I won't be going back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mount Shasta, California
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just happened to stop in McArthur last Thursday night for a quick bite on our way through, but discovered the local burger/sandwich shop closed. That turned out to be a really good for us as across the street hidden in the trees was an amazing little restaurant. We were so fortunate to discover this hidden gem. The food was just incredible and the menu left we wanting more. So I ordered some to go. I look forward to traveling through there again and will definitely stop and savor the treat.

• Visited April 2014
“When in MacArthur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Crumbs is the place to go. Recently had a delicious dinner there. Wasn't too hungry and the Tofu, avocado salad was just the ticket. This is Beef country. I had just passed an "Eat Beef, the West wasn't built on Salad" bumper sticker before pulling in. I'm sure their steaks are great, but this salad just filled the bill for me. Service was outstanding, the restaurant was quiet perhaps because they were just coming back from a two-week hiatus. Atmosphere was great. Great experience.

• Visited January 2014