“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Irving, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Grover Hot Springs. My Mom and youngest daughter had an Ortega burger. My oldest had a club. I had the BLT with Avocado. Everything was delicious! The fries were just superb. Casual atmosphere. A bar in the front filled with Bikers we kept running into during our trip. They were having a great time. The place seems like a nice mix of people and Old Time charm.

Columbia, California
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

During my very first visit to Markleeville, my friend and I opted for the Wolf Creek Bar & Restaurant. Service was great and food was excellent, priced just right. Nice ambiance, casual yet very inviting. We dined in the patio. Look forward to returning again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Stop here if your passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stopped here in the middle of a long drive from mammoth lakes to Nappa. So glad to have found it. Very friendly atmosphere super food and excellent service. Very highly recommend it!

Reno, Nv
“Fun place to experience Markleeville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had dinner in the restaurant during one of the slowest times of the year, so I was not expecting to have a huge lineup of freshly made menu items. I chose the trout, baked potato and salad.
The salad was fresh and crispy. I knew fishing season was over and the trout would most likely be frozen, and it was, but it was prepared well and tasted very good. And the baked potato came with all the fixings, even fresh chives.
I was happy with my meal. And I have no complaints about the service. That was good, too.
After dinner I went into the bar, where there was a duet playing live music. I enjoyed them and they had a great assortment of songs I love.
I very much enjoyed the drinks, the bartender, and the locals in the bar.
Beware... if you are looking for an all night party during the shoulder season, this place is not it. (And, it appears, it is the only late night place in Markleeville!). On the Saturday night I was there, the band ended at 10pm and by 10:05 the place was empty!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Busy lively bar, poor restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We ate here on a Saturday night when the bar was busy and lively but the restaurant was fairly quiet - maybe we now know why.

Service was very average and there was a mix up with wine but no biggy. We ordered ribs and I had a soup with mine. I should have realised that we'd have fun when I saw the cook ladle something out of a large tin into a bowl. A few minutes later my soup arrived - clearly microwaved and with a skin on top...

A little later we had the ribs, with fries. I didn't finish my food which is highly unusual - basically the ribs were overcooked - almost certainly cooked earlier that day and then warmed through in an oven maybe. As if to balance that the fries were undercooked - given that they came out of a freezer in the first place and, you would have thought, placed in hot oil, that seems hardly possible but they were.

If you're looking for a drink in Markleeville then the Wolf Creek is probably not a bad bet but if you're looking to eat then you may want to consider crossing the road. It was the worst meal in our two week visit to California.

• Visited September 2013