“False representation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
London, United Kingdom
“False representation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The owner/manager rips you off. Was told a price on website and information centre but when we arrived the price had gone up $30! When some young lads arrived shortly after us we happened to be at the computer and he told them an even higher price of $50 over the top!! No coffee in the room and I wouldn't say "breakfast" I would say "snack".

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richmond, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

After a long, hot drive, we arrived at this Inn. We checked in and went to the room. The only 3 positive things I can find to say about this room was it was big, it was clean and the air conditioning was good.

The windows have a view directly onto the car park, so the curtains have to remain closed whilst you are in the room, but they are blackout curtains, so you have to have the lights on too.

We were told that the "continental breakfast" was served in the "breakfast room." The choice of things available for breakfast was very limited, waffles or toast. The room where breakfast was available was small, hot and messy. It was almost as if it had been added as an after-thought.

The shower was powerful and welcoming, and the air conditioning was excellent after a hot day in the park. We even stood our bottles of water on top of the unit over night, ready for our journey the next day, and it was like they had been in the fridge!

The location for Yosemite was good, but we wont be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have never written a review before, but feel it is my duty to pass the word on to fellow travelers. I stayed at this hotel for two nights. When I left, I had over 50 bed bug bites all over my neck and arms. The headboards in the room are attached to the wall. Bed bugs live behind the headboards and in between the mattresses. I called management to tell them about the problem, but the man yelled at me and hung up the phone on me. I have been in the most excruciating pain for the past week and even had to get a steroids prescription to bring down the swelling. I am a law student and am considering filing a lawsuit. Please contact me if you have had the same horrific experience while staying at this hotel. elizabeth.hart@live.com

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 108 OR 109---BED BUGS. Don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed there on our way to Yosemite. It was nicely decorated, clean, recently painted. Comfortable beds and good air conditioning. It was well priced for the location and included a basic continental breakfast.
We were happy with our short stay there and would stay again, IF we were going to enter the West gate to Yosemite! That was our only disappointment we thought we were closer to the Redwoods and the South gate. So nothing to do with the hotel, just our lack of looking at the map correctly.

Also the photos online don't seem to be of the recent rooms which are much nicer in person!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmwoods
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This Inn is not right in the national park but it is well located and a pleasant drive to get to Yosemite. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Staff were helpful and whilst we only intended staying one night we ended up staying two. Hapy to recommend this Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We wanted to get early and drive to YNC. Checked in at arnd 9pm, room was very spacious and nice. But 2PM in the night I feel that I am in a pool bed bugs :(. Couldnt sleep the entire night. Had to get up at 5 amanddrive to YNC.

Was very tired with lack of sleep and tons of bugs arnd sucking blood. Poorly maintained I don't recommend to anyone or stay there again.

Motel is so so one,but they charge you for a exotic resort price and added advantage of having some suckers ( bed bugs ) all night.

Very disappointed, wanted to punch the manager. Stay away ....,

Room Tip: Stay away from 109
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Recently I stayed two nights there. We traveled in Yosemite. Our tour group is relatively big.(6 people).

Location is good / facilities are average but people are very kind (Thanks, manager Haness).
Good service.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Yosemite Inn? Share your experiences!