“Gravy rich food” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Brisbane
“Gravy rich food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Within a week I had similar dishes in two different restaurants, in two different countries. I did that because I like the type of food I ordered and it offers a chef a chance to shine. Food I ordered was not as described in the menu, instead of grilled dish loaded with onions I got pan fried liver with a little bit of fired onions, some a bit too burned to be enjoyed. The very off putting thing for me was amount of gravy which was also tasteless.

I order usually unsweetened iced tea and it was lightly sweet probably not with sugar but I am highly allergic to artificial sweeteners and require completely unsweetened tea. Server could not clearly explained how the tea was made, but it was from a pre-made mix.

Finally, a dessert a blackberry cobbler was recommended by my friends as typical homemade dish yet it was again disappointing, using traditional pie crust with blackberries mixed with jam.

Overall, the food was average and disappointing.

Visited July 2012

65% Recommend
Cypress, California
“Not much on the outside, but wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This little restaurant was not our first choice, but what a delight. The decor was fun, the ladies room amazed, and the food was scrumptious. We lunched on delicious sandwiches (and super onion rings). The service was down-home, with servers chatting with regulars and including travelers, making us feel right at home. What a fun lunch!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“"OK" but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had dinner for two. My girlfriend had the salad and soup buffet for 8.50 - IT was nothing special, but the choice was Ok. I had the ranch burger. The burger came between some kind of cheese toast/normal bread slice, not a burger bun as usual. Maybe it was written in the menu, i dont remember. However IT was served without fries. In my opinion 9.95 is too much for a burger without fries and nothing on it except meat, tomato, salad, onion and pickles.
So in conclusion its average for a national park dining, but nothing special!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
El Dorado Hills, California
“Great Food, Great Wait Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We visited Mariposa May 11-13,2012 and ate here 3 times. The waiters & waitresses are really friendly and efficient. The menu is varied and the food good. BUT even with a 1/2 full restaurant full of people, there was not enough wait staff to go around, even with them moving as fast as lightning ! I never saw a waiter slack off even for a second, but it took us over two hours to get in & out on a Friday night and the place was not packed.
They need to hire more people to handle the work

On a side note: on Saturday (of the same weekend) we rented out a side room in the restaurant for a wedding reception lunch and the girls who waited on us were incredible.
Very attentive and unobtrusive. The Food preparation was just right too .... Thanks so much ! Your service was such a blessing !

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Innisfil, Canada
“Family restaurant attached to saloon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

it was teh first decent looking place as we arrived in town and were pleasantly surprised by the family atmoshere and great food. Hubby has the pot roast and it was very yummy.

Visited June 2012