“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Marina del Rey
Cherry Hill, NJ
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

When we arrived Jason checked us in. He is very nice. I went to our room and was not so sure when I saw that outside our window people sat around the courtyard on lounge chairs right in front of the window. I went back to get another room but the other room seemed to far away from the pool area which was right outside the door of the first room. Jason was very understanding and gave us our choice of rooms that were available. I stuck with the first room and I am glad i did. We never experienced any noise problems from people being outside and no one hung outside at night so there was no problem. The hotel has a boutique kind of feeling. It is very clean and bright and decorated with pretty pictures and the courtyard by the pool has a nice fountain. I would always go out there and relax. The pool is very small but it is usually empty so unless you are a lap swimmer that does not matter. It is too small for laps but it is fine to unwind in and relax when no one else is in it. The rooms are clean, a little on the small side when the sofa bed is out but for the price this is fine. The bed is comfortable. The sofa bed mattress is not, we had to ask for extra blankets to make the thin mattress comfortable. They brought the blankets right away and asked if we had enough. The bedroom where the main bed is gets a little stuffy if you close the door at night to give the person in the sofa bed privacy. We ended up leaving the door that leads out to the side by the sink open so we could get some air. They might consider putting a vent or another air conditioner in the bedroom. The breakfast was very good. They offered little boxes of different cereals which my husband likes a lot. They had eggs and a waffle maker, oat meal which I like, yogurt, muffins and bananas and apples. They also had apples in the lobby which was a nice touch. There was plenty of food. They kept refilling everything. They could use a few more tables because if you do not go down early you might have to wait for a table or bring the food back to your room. (or you could bring it to the nice outdoor area-no real table there but you can balance it on your lap or use one of the ottomans) We only had to wait once and then we went down earlier and were fine. We had a refrigerator in the room which was great. The parking lot had small spaces but we were there at an empty time of year so there was plenty of parking. When I arrived the first day I took a walk to Venice beach. It is about a mile away. On our last day there I went to Mothers beach which is about 3/4 of a mile away. Turn left on the Via Marina rode way. I wish I had gone there sooner. They were teaching people how to do different water activities. It looked like fun. I never checked for the prices of the lessons because I was leaving that day. Nice restaurants in that area too. When you walk down Washington Blvd. and make a left turn you are right on the Marina. There are also nice restaurants on the way to the beach. We went for a walk along the Venice Beach Canals. They are very pretty. This hotel is in a great location if you do not want to spend a fortune for a beachfront hotel. We enjoyed the free breakfast and the free parking. Brad, Jason and Francisco at the front desk always answered all of my questions and were very nice. I would stay here again, in fact I wish I was there now and I would take a walk to the beach and take a lesson on the water in Marina del rey. We had a very nice stay.

Venice Beach is quite an experience. We took a long walk one day to see muscle beach and all of the venders that line the walkway. Wear comfortable shoes, we thought we were going to just sit on the beach and wore flip flops and when we ended up taking a long walk our feet got a little sore. It is an experience. The hotel also had computers in the lobby that we usually did not have to wait for and I printed our airline tickets easily. We needed to be in this area and this hotel was great. I felt like I could have a beach vacation and visit my family at the same time.

828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Don't spend the additional money on a "better named hotel" in the Venice Beach area. This hotel has it all. Rooms are great (we had the one bedroom)and it had plenty ofroom for a family of four. The staff were exceptional from the reception to the cleaners, they were the friendliest hotel staffI have ever encounted. Free parking, an easy walk to Venice Beach, a good free breakfast, great room and superb staff - you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Pillows are quiet thick. I would bring my own if you don't like thick ones.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel through Hotwire, which meant we only paid about £50-£60 per night for the room. The staff were really helpful and friendly, and the lobby had a computer with the internet, tea & coffee and apples! The room was really big, with a living area separate to the bedroom. The room had two really big TV's with loads of channels to choose from. We got complimentary bottles of water and shampoo & conditioner and body lotion etc. The bed was really comfy and we weren't troubled by any noise on either night. The breakfast selection was plentiful, with a great waffle maker, yoghurts, bagels & toast, muffins, cereal, eggs and sausages along with a selection of tea and coffee and juice. The walk to the beach is about 15 minutes and is really quite easy to get around without a car, within reason! We would absolutely go back to this hotel and had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel, so weren't near the main road and we didn't hear a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was pleased with the customer service at the front desk. Hotel was clean, walking distance to great places to eat and beach wasn't too far. Patio was great to sit at and have a cocktail. Free breakfast was nice!

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The last hotel we stayed in after driving the whole of route 66, and definitely welcome!! Really nice friendly staff, lovely big room, comfy bed and spotlessly clean, nice food, good quiet location, good value for money, Brad, Jason and Francisco were great at restaurant recommendations, and places to visit, and after so much driving, we hired bikes from them to cycle around and down to visit the beaches for just £10 for the whole day, large underground carpark, pool is quite small, but clean with fresh towels, and also a hot tub, vending machines etc, stayed for 3 days and was perfect relaxing haven for us!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very pleased with our stay. Nice rooms, breakfast, and parking. Very attentive staff. Hotel was EXTREMELY clean. Walking distance to Venice, and short drive to Malibu.

Hewitt, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I thought this hotel was the cutest thing ever, loved the indoor/outdoor floor plan. Rooms were very spacious; we had the suite with the French doors. If I went back to CA I would stay here as long I could. Great location for all the LA/Hollywood attractions, even the Warner Brothers Studios was under 30 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Marina del Rey? Share your experiences!