“Great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Chicago
“Great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

For the amount of space you get in a room with just one king-size bed, the price can't be beat. A leather couch, desk, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker are just a few of the things that make the room complete. Okay, so the complimentary coffee wasn't the best I've ever had, but Cafe Buna's right across the street from the Ramada, so, problem solved. Plus, Chris at the front desk is very friendly and accommodating -- at noon on the day I arrived, I asked if it would be possible to check in before 3:00, so he gave me a phone call at 1:30 once my room was ready. That's good service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was booked here by my company on a business trip, and found this Ramada Inn to be so unacceptable that if I’d had to stay here another night, I would have paid out of my own pocket to go elsewhere. Dirty hallways, old carpet, peeling wallpaper, dated décor. This place needs not so much a makeover as a wrecking ball. It is bad.

This Ramada Inn is located on a major street. There is a ton of street noise. Earplugs are necessary, even if your room doesn’t face Washington Blvd. Also, the mini fridge in my room made a loud noise about every 10 minutes, and trying to sleep through that was just as challenging as the traffic.

Wifi is supposedly free, but there was no signal in my room. I could only access the internet if I sat in the lobby. The lobby, flanked by a concrete planter displaying old and very dusty plastic roses, is always locked and you must be buzzed inside by the receptionist. This makes one feel not exactly secure. My room was also tucked away down a dark hallway, out of sight from the parking lot, which made me concerned about my safety. This feeling was amplified when I realized that all the other rooms on my wing were under construction, and I was completely alone in this section of the hotel, with only construction workers coming and going. Anyone could have come to my door, and no one would have seen them. It was really unsettling. I asked at the front desk about changing rooms and the young woman at the desk curtly told me it wasn’t possible.

It was very cold in my room at night. Early in the morning, I turned on the heater, only to have the room immediately fill with a burning smell. Seconds later, the smoke alarm went off. As if my stay could get worse. I turned off the heater and used a magazine to fan in front of the smoke alarm, and the alarm stopped. No one came to my room to check on me, and there was no mention of the alarm when I checked out later that day. As upsetting as it was to be cold and subjected to a faulty heater and fire alarm at 5am, it was equally upsetting that no one in the hotel came to check. What if there had been a real fire in my room?

I did see rooms being renovated at this Ramada Inn, but even with (desperately needed) updates, I would not stay here ever, ever again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Royal Palm Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

When we returned from dinner around midnight, there was no available parking. We were told to park on either side of the back gate. The $70+ parking ticket we received makes your hotel considerably more expensive than the 4-star hotel we passed up.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice hotel for pur budget, good location close to Venice beach.
The only minus is the breakfast which is very poor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Marina Del Ray? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marina Del Ray

Address: 3130 Washington Boulevard, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Location: United States > California > Marina del Rey
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Marina del Rey
#8 Business Hotel in Marina del Rey
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Marina Del Ray 2*
Ramada Inn Venice Beach Hotel is located in Los Angeles, California near Santa Monica Beach, Westwood Village, Century City, Marina Del Rey, Hermosa Beach, Malibu Beach and Los Angeles International Airport LAX. Shop at the new Santa Monica Place a specialty mall with stores like Burberry, Hugo Boss, Coach, Gallini, Louis Vuitton and much more. The world-famous Third Street Promenade is located across the street and known for its weekly farmers' markets, fabulous dining, terrific shopping and engaging street performers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Marina Del Ray reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey
Ramada Marina Del Rey
Marina Del Rey Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Marina Del Ray, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.