“Nice location handy for beaches.” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4175 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice location handy for beaches.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a 3 day stay early in September 2013. Hotel is located in a quiet area with a few bars and restaurants nearby. Short 10 minute stroll to Venice Beach. Friendly welcome was given at reception and our room, which was to the front of the property, therefore not directly overlooking the marina and small beach area, was comfortably furnished and clean. No real frills, but nothing to complain about at all. Only real grumble was at breakfast on the first morning. We were not made aware that seats outside needed to be pre booked - and were therefore offered seats inside the dining room (we would have been the only people inside) despite tables being available outside. However this was resolved and a table outside was found for us. Food was good and portions were excellent. However we were asked if we wanted sausage and/bacon as an extra. I had the sausage and my son the bacon. To be charged $5 for one small sausage and $5 for some bacon was exorbitant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear face onto the water side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Found this hotel thanks to good reviews on TA and wasn't disappointed. Nice location overlooking the marina and small beach so great people watching (yoga on paddle boards!) and within an easy stroll of restaurants and not far from Venice. The restaurant serves good value food and excellent breakfasts (it's popular with locals) and the bar was always buzzy. Staff are super friendly and chatty, which enhanced the experience even more. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 9/14 after just booking that same morning through the hotel website. We arrived early and asked if we could check in and not only did they accomodate us they upgraded the room just because I asked. This is a really nice facility right on the water. The room was very clean, modern with a great bed. We ate three times in the hotel restaurant. Although the wait staff wasn't top notch, I've had worse. The food was good and we ate on the patio which was really nice due to perfect weather. There isn't much around within a short walking distance. There was a cheesecake factory and killer shrimp restaurant, but didn't see anything else. We did the self-parking at $16 a night, but all accomodatations charge for parking in the area. I didn't have any problems with the valets as others have mentioned, but I was very clear up front that we were doing self-parking. Pool and spa area were very small. We were on the 4th floor on the street side (all water facing rooms were booked). I could see if on a lower floor noise from the street would be an issue. This is a really nice inn and I would return.

Room Tip: Book a water facing room or a high level due to road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very good location to visit the harbor and enjoy the beaches. Rooms are standard but clean. They have very few bikes for renting on a first come first basis. If you need one, rush early to the reception. We had some problems with our booking that took a while to be sorted out and it was pretty annoying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
shighland, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Goldbaer62,

I was sorry to hear that there were issues with your reservation. In the future you can feel free to call me directly to book you room. I'dl be happy to set aside a couple of bikes for you as well! We constantly strive to be the best hotel in LA and your feedback really matters to us. I sincerely hope you visit again and when that time comes I am confident we'll "wow" you Jamaica Bay Inn style!

Warmly,

Shawn Highland
chesterfield, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We travelled from the UK for a week at the Jamaica Bay Inn. We were so excited. Got to the hotel around 9pm after a long flight. The 2 women on reception that night offered very poor customer service. My husband handed over his card to pay, 8 minutes later...the lady checking us in said there was a problem, the card was not being approved. We phoned our bank the next morning to be told she tried to put the payment through 8 times for 6 different amounts. Her manner was disrespectful and very offhand. I work in customer service myself and I certainly wouldn't if I had her manner. Despite my husband asking to speak to the front of house manager, she never contacted us back. Despite this, the Jamaica Bay Inn is a gem, the rest of the staff were outstanding, the location and restaurant fabulous...it is just a shame that our first impression of the hotel was one of upset and disappointment.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Piphow,

Thanks for taking the time to offer some feedback on your recent visit. We are all very concerned that your experience at check-in was anything less than delight. Please know that your challenges have been addressed with the staff and we are confident something like this would not happen again. Thank you also very much for noting that the staff you encountered throughout the remainder of your stay were "outstanding." We do work very hard to provide the best experince in LA and it's always great to hear positive comments. We hope to welcome you back to our "gem" very soon. Please feel free to contact me directly next time so I might personally look after you!

Warmly,

Shawn Highland
General Manager.
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Jamaica Bay Inn on the first night of a road trip of the West Coast of the USA. After an 11 hour flight the hotel was very convenient and only a 15 minute drive from the airport.

The staff at the front desk were very helpful, providing us with information regarding the area and LA in general. We got a lovely room with a view of the marina. We were a 30 second walk from the beach. The room was extremely clean, modern and spacious, the bed was comfortable and we had everything we needed including free wifi and safe.

We booked a package which included a free breakfast which was delicious, once again we received great service. We also had a cocktail at the bar which was lovely and reasonably priced.

The hotel has a pool which is just off the beach. We only used the area for a couple of hours but it was lovely and well maintained. The hotel is only a short drive from Venice Beach if the Marina is not enough for you.

We cannot find a bad thing to say about be Jamaica Bay Inn!

Room Tip: Paying a little extra for a marina view is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was traveling to LA for business, and my client put me up at this hotel because it was across the street from a colleague with whom I'd be hitching a ride to and from the office.

The wait for check-in took a few minutes, as the clerk chatted with another customer. After an initial pinch of frustration (I was tired), I could quickly see what was taking so long -- the clerk was super nice and helpful, and the customer was just delighted to talk to her. So that was cool.

I found the room very clean and comfortable, although I was on the ground floor just feet from the parking lot, which freaked me out a little. I mean, people were walking by my sliding doors just feet away. But it turned out to be fine -- that's what curtains are for.

Other than the room -- and the fact that the TV offered my favorite channel (Bravo) -- the food was actually super good. My colleagues and I had dinner at the hotel restaurant (outside, under a heat lamp; it was DELICIOUS -- AND we had a coupon given to us at check-in), and then in the morning I ordered room service, which was a treat for me. I think, with all my travel, I've only ever gotten room service twice, and it was delicious and delivered on time.

I can't really speak for the amenities surrounding the hotel, because I was in and out, but I'd say that the Jamaica Bay Inn s a nice and affordable option if you're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!