Had a 3 day stay early in September 2013. Hotel is located in a quiet area with a few bars and restaurants nearby. Short 10 minute stroll to Venice Beach. Friendly welcome was given at reception and our room, which was to the front of the property, therefore not directly overlooking the marina and small beach area, was comfortably furnished and clean. No real frills, but nothing to complain about at all. Only real grumble was at breakfast on the first morning. We were not made aware that seats outside needed to be pre booked - and were therefore offered seats inside the dining room (we would have been the only people inside) despite tables being available outside. However this was resolved and a table outside was found for us. Food was good and portions were excellent. However we were asked if we wanted sausage and/bacon as an extra. I had the sausage and my son the bacon. To be charged $5 for one small sausage and $5 for some bacon was exorbitant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey