We travelled from the UK for a week at the Jamaica Bay Inn. We were so excited. Got to the hotel around 9pm after a long flight. The 2 women on reception that night offered very poor customer service. My husband handed over his card to pay, 8 minutes later...the lady checking us in said there was a problem, the card was not being approved. We phoned our bank the next morning to be told she tried to put the payment through 8 times for 6 different amounts. Her manner was disrespectful and very offhand. I work in customer service myself and I certainly wouldn't if I had her manner. Despite my husband asking to speak to the front of house manager, she never contacted us back. Despite this, the Jamaica Bay Inn is a gem, the rest of the staff were outstanding, the location and restaurant fabulous...it is just a shame that our first impression of the hotel was one of upset and disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey