“Pretty good food, pretty bad service...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Del Rey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bali Way
Description: Cuisine inspired by the coastal towns of the Mediterranean. Intuitive service and a beautiful seaside setting. The food is about discovery: the freshest fish, fire grilled steaks, roasted free-range poultry, citrus, olives and market fresh vegetables all bursting with flavor. The luscious desserts, sophisticated cocktails and wine complete your journey. Escape to the good life at Cafe del Rey
Marietta, Georgia
“Pretty good food, pretty bad service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Dined here on a Sunday evening with a business associate. Waited several minuted before anyone came to the hostess stand to take care of us, in spite of multiple employees passing by in that time. Host arrived, found our reservation and seated us with no reference to the time we spent standing in the doorway. Our waiter was knowledgeable when we asked about menu items, and offered a taste of a wine by the glass we were not familiar with, but more or less disappeared once our order was taken. He did not notice empty wine glasses early in the meal, and checked on us only once immediately after our food was served. It was more than 20 minutes before he popped by with dessert menus. The food was fine, but not what I would expect for the menu price. My companion had salmon that appeared overcooked, my fish was overcooked around the edges, but flavorful. I'm not sure I would want to take another chance with this restaurant, and I was a bit disappointed as I had high hopes. Window view from the tables at the window is stunning.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Very nice dining spot in Marina del Rey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We came here on day of LMU Graduation so it was crowded and they were using a special brunch menu. But food and service was excellent-nice decor and views

Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Exceptional setting, exceptional service.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

...and exceptional food and exceptional value. Living so close we're just surprised we had never ventured here before, but brunch with friends Derby day was just superb. I'd particularly like to highlight the service, as it is by no means everywhere - even in high class restaurants - where one gets a polite, caring and personable server who knows exactly what the menu contains, what the dishes are made up of and how they cooked. Well done Café del Rey.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Titusville, Florida
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had brunch here with good friends on 5/3/14. The restaurant is charming, service was excellent, and the food delicious. Brunch includes a three course meal and all the mimosas, champagne, or bloody Mary's you want for $38. In California, this is a great deal. For this kind of quality, it was a bargain. And, while you brunch, enjoy the view and the magnificent yachts. One can dream!

Marina del Rey, California
“Cafe Del Rey! 20 years and still fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I use to live in the Marina many years ago.. I was on a friends boat for a early evening cruise. Then we all decided to go have dinner at CDR .. Memories of when I use to go a few times a week all came back when I had the crab cakes.. Delish! Everyone's meals where amazing as I remembered.

• Visited March 2014