“Clean, casual, great food, excellent value and efficiency” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 106 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: Thai
california
“Clean, casual, great food, excellent value and efficiency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Efficient may be an unusual word to describe a restaurant but to me, efficiency is critical for dine-outs. I have been to Celadon a few times by now (for both dine-in and takeout) and have been very pleased with speed of service, food quality, atmosphere, and location. Celadon is inside a small plaza with other restaurants. While I did not have trouble finding parking, it can definitely be an issue due to limited spaces available. The interior (unlike many Thai restaurants) is very modern and bright. Service was prompt - never had to wait for a table, and servers took orders promptly, and food was also prepared promptly. I don't believe I am qualified to comment on whether the food was "authentic", but it was definitely very good and price was extremely reasonably.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Go to Thai in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Everything is good about this place. Came here a couple of years ago and make it back once a week. Satay is great, curry puff things are great and I love the lettuce wraps. The currys are great and the basic simple chicken noodles are awesome..

But basically now when I come here all i order is the Lemongrass Chicken - it's great, and comes with a side of homemade slaw. . . so am not sure how authentically Thai it is but it works for me. That and a tall Singai beer. . .

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marina del Rey, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Do not understand the previous review. We live near Celadon go there often. The Thai Barbecue Chicken is to die for. Also try the Spicy Shrimp Fried rice and Pad Thai noodles. I can't say the curry is our favorite, but we don't usually order it. Just took cousins visiting from Bourdeaux there for dinner and they were delighted with the whole experience. Nice vibe and good wine....you forget you are in a little strip mall on a busy street. Go!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL
“Ewww...not how Thai should be”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I am a Thai food junkie.

I was traveling to this area on business and was craving Thai. The place I had discovered for lunch was not open for dinner so I decided to try this place out. I ordered two different chicken curries. All I have to say is they had all the right ingredients, but they were simply horrible. I ended up throwing almost $30 worth of food away (what a waste).

• Visited June 2012