“Picky parents stayed for a week and LOVED IT” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13534 Bali Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 30% - Online Only
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
“Picky parents stayed for a week and LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I live in the neighborhood and my parents were saying here for a week and lets just say they stay at a lot of hotels and are a bit picky and they loved it here. Since the major renovation - The service is top notch, the rooms are beautiful and a fantastic setting and close to everything. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel with a friendly staff. Our room overlooked the marina which was great. Although we got a special room rate since we were looking at colleges, it seemed reasonably priced for LA. Location is great, right off the freeway. There is a nice walking path all along the marina. The room was very comfortable and there is a nice restaurant in the hotel. I understand it was recently renovated. They charge $30 per day for valet even though we did not use it, which is a bit annoying. Recommend going to sit by the pool and Jacuzzi. Very pleasant all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I visit LA frequently and have always stayed at the Huntly ..we stumbled upon the hotel and decided to check it out as the rates and location were amazing. We are very paticular when it comes to hotels. Here is the best part: The towels are always white and fresh....the views are great! The staff FANTASTIC.... love Megan! Patrick was great with rebooking my reservation as I saw a lower rate online. I request a specific room each time and they always acommidate my request. The bathooms are huge (2 rooms) a vanity area and a seperate room with shower and toilet. Beds are soo comfortable with real soft pillows.... we will always stay here!! See you agaim in a few weeks!

Room Tip: Marina View opposite of the pool side. Very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Though it's off the beat and path (which can be a good thing), it's only a few short miles to Venice (1 mile) and Santa Monica (about 4 miles). Great food ( I recommend the banana split) and they even have a lounge with a record player. The rooms has spectacular views of the marina and Jonathan/Nancy made our stay even better. Highly recommend - maybe wait until they get the spa but definitely go soon!

Room Tip: Request bikes to ride around town!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned home from the Marina del Rey Hotel and before I even left my house ran into a little logistics snag; sent an email to the hotel which was immediately returned with a phone call and email from Patrick. He helped me figure things out and kindly set us up with a room upgrade which worked perfectly for our family. We were surprised by a bottle of champagne on arrival and a card, which was so thoughtful.

The hotel is chic and modern and open and airy. We were greeted with smiles from all three who were working at the reception area.

Our suite was bright, beautiful and sleek! Corner space with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the marina on two sides with a slider to the deck. It had a large living room that had a (typically springy) pull out couch but good sheets and a 55" TV. There are no in-room movies but they have an app you download to access your Netflix, if you wish. There is a wet bar and dining space with four chairs and mini fridge and Keurig coffee maker.

The bedroom we had was large and had a COMFY king sized bed with fluffy white sheets, another large tv, a chair and ottoman, a desk area and another floor to ceiling window with a slider out to a giant wrap around deck and four chairs again overlooking the entire marina. Waking up to that view every morning made it very difficult to pack and say good bye.

The bathroom was modern and sleek with a large tile shower, two sinks and toilet. The towels were heavenly! The bathroom in our room was well lit had light all around the mirror. And the bath products smell great.

Anytime we had a question, the front desk helped us right away and with friendly faces. We ordered room service dessert and it arrived quickly and was delicious.

The valets were prompt in retrieving our vehicle even when we forgot our tag in the room and when we returned to the hotel they were right there to greet us.

The kids swam in the pool and sat in the jacuzzi and the deck area is spotless, modern and spacious with soft jazz music in the background.

This hotel will definitely be our first choice when in the Marina del Rey area.

Stayed April 2015
mesa, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I wanted a short getaway from Phoenix. We wanted to stay closer to the ocean, but everything I looked at was either booked full, or too expensive. I settled with this hotel, the pictures looked nice.
I was extremely happy with the room and everything in it. Beautiful bathroom, upgraded coffee machine and VERY comfortable beds. Wouldn't change a thing in the room.
The 2 things that would have made this stay better :
1. The required valet parking is ridiculous. Would not book here again mainly because of this. Very unnecessary.
2. I like to sleep with my windows/doors open to feel the cool California breeze, but because of the restaurant /bar at the hotel, I could not. They were VERY loud. People were laughing and talking and the music was turned up way too loud until very late at night.
Overall, decent stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

from Management Shawn and to Valley Guy!!! everyone was fantastic..

I have stayed here when they first openend and just stayed this week again..

had lunches , breakfasts, dinners, cocktails.. and I tell Ya from host to bar tenders to waiters... every one had a smile.. and TOP IT ALL OFF excellent food!!!! kudo's to Cheff...

well DONE MDR Hotel!!!! I would just add that if you can add some vending machines for late night drinks.. munchees... since there is no Mini bar.. much needed...

Room Tip: marina views.. are BEST!!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Marina Del Rey Hotel? Share your experiences!