“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Chicago, Illinois
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just got back from a stay at this Marriott. We had a great time. Room, service, amenities, etc were all excellent. The staff is extremely helpful. Nicole at the front desk went above and beyond for us more than once. We appreciated her willingness to pick up the phone and track down answers, get us last minute reservations and arrange transportation for us. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We made no special requests and everything in our room was great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marina del Rey, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I really appreciate your review and will share your comments with Nicole and the team. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Magnolia, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I normally stay at a different hotel in the marina when we come visit but our standard was booked.
The room is large, the view of the marina and ocean are nice. There is no balcony, just a little ledge you can stand on and look at the scenery. The road below is super loud so don't expect to leave the door open at night for fresh air. The concierge level food was pretty good but they don't restock when its within 30 minutes of closing. The ran out of everything by 30 minutes before so if you want to take advantage of an amenity that you pay for be there early. The valet is prompt but brutally expensive. They have you over a barrel with the limited parking in the area. The front desk was a thorn in my side however. When we arrived for our reservation we discovered another patron with the same name was able to modify our reservation checking us in for one day when my confirmation read three. After much clicking and clacking the reservation was restored. However at some point once again our reservation was mysteriously modified and had us checking out a day early. This is a problem because its Easter weekend and every where is booked. They graciously restored our room after more clicking and clacking on the computer. Those issues aside all in all an adequate hotel in Marina Del Rey. A little impersonal and generic but serviceable. The best thing about the room is the bed and another positive note is they allowed us early check in and had our requests waiting in the room when we arrived.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Executive Assistant at Marriott Marina del Rey, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience staying at our hotel. It is through responses such as yours that enable us to continue to make improvements to our facilities and guest service. While it is never pleasant to learn of missing our guest expectations, we are grateful to you for bringing such matters to our attention. It is our continuous goal to strive for perfect customer satisfaction and hope that you give us another opportunity to do that when your travels bring you back to our area.
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is one of best Marriott's I have stayed at. The staff was very helpful and attentive, more than in other hotels I have stayed in. There is a Hertz desk on property if you need a car, but it is a 10-15 minutes walk to Venice Pier, which is the start of Venice Beach. Santa Monica Pier is about 4 miles northwest, north of Venice Beach. The rooms are fine and bedding and pillows are good. The restaurant is a little expensive, but the food is good and service is even better. Stayed there for an event on the roof top which gave as quite a view for the sunset. Oh yes, there are plenty of good restaurants in the area. Don't forget your Marriott Rewards Card to get the extra points. One down side is that the pool is small and you hear a little road noise. But it is clean and has a few cabanas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your review. Other travelers will benefit from your tips on the area as well. Again, thank you.
Pomona, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Firstly let me say that this hotel is fantastic and clean with just a few personnel problems. We arrived early - 11 am the concierge girl whom I won't name at this time since I am still here said since we had requested a king room we would have to wait. I said no problem my husband had to go to work but I would walk around. I also said since we were staying 8 nights we would really like a view of the marina since my husband is a boater and I didn't care how long I would have to wait. At 2:30 I received the call that the room was ready. I asked if it had a marina view. She said no but that maybe there would be one available the next day if we didn't mind moving. She also told me the view was beautiful of the mountains and at night all the lights were nice to look at. I said I would take a look. When I came to the room I immediately called and said I didn't like the view. She then said that all of a sudden there was a marina view on the 4th floor available and there would be a $20 a night charge. Of course then I was shocked that once I got to the room suddenly a room with a marina view appeared but more shocked that all of a sudden there would be an additional charge. I said you never told me of an additional charge when I first requested it at 11 am or 2:30 when you told me there might be one available the next day. This woman needs a class in customer satisfaction. She never apologized for not letting me know of the charge and offered no other alternative. I think if you have people who are going to be staying in your hotel for nine days you would want to make the room and stay enjoyable. The bell captain - Sean - who was in the room when I was on the phone with her offered his apologies for her attitude. He was so nice and told me all about the facilities and the surrounding area. I commend him for trying to make a bad situation better. And by the way this beautiful view of the mountains is of a parking lot and street - and I can laugh about the lights comment. The other complaint I have is after coming back from dinner on Thursday my husband and I wanted a drink in the Glow Lounge which is very nice. I ordered a stinger - when it was brought to me the color was wrong they made it with green creme de mint I said it is made with white so she took it back - came back to let me know they didn't have white so they made it with green but they were going downstairs to get it. By now my husband was finished with his drink and ordered another one - then she came back to let me know they didn't have it downstairs but they would have it the next day. So last night we go to the Glow Lounge so I could have my drink and we found the same waitress and ordered and she came back to let me know they wouldn't have the white creme de mint til Tuesday!!!!!! ????? Again really! I am a guest and I really enjoy this one drink after dinner and I have to wait 6 days for white creme de mint? Aside from these two problems which were Big for me the other employees - housekeeping, service, bellboys and other concierge employees are very helpful and friendly. It is too bad that one employee especially the first one you come in contact with can put a bad taste in your mouth from the start. Again Sean is an asset to the Marriott Marina Del Rey!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Executive Assistant at Marriott Marina del Rey, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Massapequa, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel was beautiful and in a very good location. It was in walking distance to Venice Beach and many restaurants.The room was large and very clean with a great view. Their lounge Glow was an outside lounge with fires ( heaters) to keep you warm. We were there for a family celebration and the reception was held in their Bayview Hall. The reception hall was beautiful with fantastic views. The food served was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marina del Rey, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
I'm glad you had a great time while you stayed with us. Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel is amazingly clean, perfectly located near the beach and the marina... most of the rooms have an amazing view.. the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are fantastic... And more importantly the staff are super super friendly!!! especially people working at the concierge lounge and at the front desk... Amazing place to treat yourself and your family.. 15 mins from LA airport and 20 mins from Hollywood Blvd.... Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I'm so glad you had a nice stay with us, thank you for sharing your experiences.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Marina del Rey Marriott is an older hotel, but extremely well run.The rooms are large and have excellent lighting which is hard to find today in hotels.The service was excellent as well as the housekeeping. The restaurant has a decent buffet breakfast. The wifi was very good.What stood out to me was the fact that I asked the porter who helped with our bags at check-in how far the Culver City Avis car rental location was. He said it was about 3 miles and the day I need to get my rental car the hotel has a hotel car that can tale me to the car rental since it was within the 3 miles rule to catch a ride from the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a corner room overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marina del Rey, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I hope you'll stay with us again!

Been to Marriott Marina del Rey? Share your experiences!