“cheap and good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of sugarFISH by sushiNozawa

No photo provided
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine
Saudi Arabia
“cheap and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love their sushi rolls, nice place to eat and outside next to the fountain, and the food is great the value perfect $35 and I’m full

• Visited August 2013

86% Recommend
Kansas City, Missouri
“Delicious Sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great hand rolls, and nice combo options. If you like green tea, order theirs. Reasonable pricing. It's a tiny bit crowded, but well worth the wait.

• Visited July 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“It's Not Nozawa, But It Is As Close As It Gets, and a Bargain As Well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

To say that I was depressed about the closing of Sushi Nozawa would be among the greatest culinary understatements. I am not a huge fan of L.A., but would make it a stopover, or spend extra days there, just so that I could jam in yet another meal at Nozawa. It was zen Sushi at its best, and I am forever thankful that I have found a much closer, but secret, replacement, who works much in the same traditional way, while at the same time, pushing the envelope of sushi creativity.

That being said, after I got over the shock of having lost Nozawa, I read stories and reviews of Sugarfish, a small chain started by Nozawasan's sons, and overseen by him. I did not have the time to eat in, but the to go menu was unlike any other sushi to go I had ever seen. It was like Nozawa's "trust me" artwork in the old restaurant. Here is what we serve, and how we serve it, but if you want something else, you can choose from among thousands of other sushi places in the L.A. metropolitan areal.

Like Nozawa, each item was served in a separate section of the beautifully prepared to go box. It looked like a gift-wrapped box of chocolates, only containing even more delicious slices of fish. There was a card, which told you which of the many small containers of different dipping sauces should be applied to each slice of fish, also including lemon rind to be squeezed and finely chopped scallions to be sprinkled. This was exactly how Nozawa did it. He would hand you two pieced of the next fish, and a small bowl of sauce, or would sauce it himself and hand it to you, and tell you not to use plain soy sauce on that one. Other items, both at Sugarfish and Nozawa are fine to dip in soy, but many of the more delicate fishes, just taste better with the lighter ponzu type sauces that are recommended for them

So, if you want to harken back to the glory days of Nozawa yore, this may be as close as it gets. If you are looking for take-out sushi, please send me a direct message if you find a place that turns it out better than this. I now know where I will be stopping on my L.A. journeys in the future.

• Visited November 2012
Wyoming
“Freasha nd amazing - meals and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mo son took me to this plac.e I was blown away with the delicate tastes and wonderful food. The place was packed, but the service was excellent with time given to us and handling everything needed. What a wonderful place. My only complaint is that it is so popular. In spite of the crowding, it was a great experience and I will be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madrid, Spain
“Fresh, delicious sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had tuna sushi - warm rice with cool fish. Great taste, tender, very tender. Excellent.

The Lobster hand roll was very good too.

The atmosphere was sort of modern Asian. Service was good - attentive. Saw I had spilled a little soy sauce - was there with more napkins without me having to ask.

Ordered more tuna sushi. Good!

• Visited March 2013