We booked two hotel rooms at this hotel via Expedia Vacations. The price was reasonable, the location very good, almost mid-point to various attractions of the region. We certainly recommend staying at this hotel.
The rooms are very large. We had two King rooms, and there was a pull-out couch in the room, a coffee table, micro-wave and mini-fridge.
Bathrooms are spacious, VERY clean, and towels are plentiful!
The hotel seems fairly new or maybe it's well-maintained. In any case, we found the following good points/and not so great:
1. Property is well-maintained
2. Parking is plentiful
3. Grounds, hotel, rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean
4. Management is very responsive to guest requests. For example, we had a couple of repair requests in one of the rooms, and they were attended to right away.
5. There is a little gym in the hotel, that it is useful.
6. The TV's are large, and there is a good selection of channels.
7. Walls seem to be well-insulated, as we never heard other guests.
1. Lumpy pillows
2. Noisy A/C/ heater, situated by the window. By the way, if you are a light sleeper, request a room facing the parking lot because, while Reservation Road is quiet at night, traffic noise begins around 06:30.
3. Checking in at night, we had to wait a little while to be helped. The young man at the front desk was helping other guests. He seems to work alone in the evenings; though he was very polite.
4. Breakfast is truly "continental" with breads, cereals, muffins, waffle machine, coffee, and juices. Yogurt and even boiled eggs would be a very nice addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the outskirts of Monterey, California in the quiet coastal town of Marina, the Ramada Marina is your ideal hotel in the heart of the Monterey Peninsula. Renovated in 2011, the 100% smoke free hotel is only a short drive from some of the Peninsulas finest attractions including Monterey’s Fisherman’s Wharf and Cannery Row, as well as Carmel’s Shopping Center and famous 17 Mile Drive and is just a scenic drive from the famous Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Within walking distance from the hotel you will find downtown Marina and the stunning Marina State Beach. The hotel is highly regarded to be one of Marina’s best value hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Ramada Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Marina Hotel Marina
- Marina Ramada