“Genuine caring owners that are more helpful than any hotel pr motel my son and I have EVER STAYED, and I travel all over” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   416 Reservation Rd, Marina, CA 93933 (Formerly Days Inn Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Marina
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If there is any thing the owners can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable, they go out of their way to help you. They go above and beyond the call of duty. Our room was great, the tv was great and to be perfectly honest, the service you get here is better than a 300.00 room !! I should know, this motel filled up and we had to check out for 1 night, I couldn't wait to get back to this motel for the remainder of our stay. Breakfast is great, healthy and organic. I would stay here any time I was on the peninsula. I will tell all my friends and family who live on the peninsula about this place and how specoal we were treated !!

• Stayed July 2014

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Based on other reviews here, we tried this one on a busy summer weekend when everything in the area was outrageously expensive. Wasn't even cheap here, but less than elsewhere. It definitely lived up to reviews - I gave it five circles, not because it's the most deluxe hotel, but because it exceeded my expectations. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable (the pillows were a little hard). The location isn't deluxe - in a commercial district, and a gas station occupies the front of the hotel. But it's only a short drive to the beach, Monterey or Carmel.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so ask for a ground floor room if you're with someone mobility-limited.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this review, 2 days ago
BB1769
Thank you for both taking the time to write a review and for choosing us for your stay in the beautiful Monterey Bay area. We are a travelers choice motel, close to all of the Monterey sights but even in the summer more value priced. Sarah's team keep our large rooms fresh and clean. We just recently add HDTV for all of our rooms, although I must admit I would rather be out sight seeing. Thank you again for staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.
Marina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The road noise was quite loud and other room noise easily came into the room. I would recommend ear plugs and a white noise machine to try and get a full night sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Matthew
I am very sorry the road noise was a problem for you. There may have been options further back on our property that might have been a better fit four your needs. Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that it was not a better experience for you.
Lier, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Owner very friendly, nice rooms, good location. Breakfast room is a bit small, but not bothersome. Beach is just couple of miles away. Perfect place to stay when you're travelling through. Very close to Monterey.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
StevenBel
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for choosing us for your stay. We offer large clean rooms that are kept clean and fresh by Sarah's team. Sarah puts out a great breakfast and of course has very good attendance. Our property is a traveler's choice as we are close to all of the Monterey Bay sights. Thank you again fro staying with us at our Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I travel a lot and I couldn't believe this place. I've been to places that were more expensive that weren't as clean or as nice as this place. The staff was great and the breakfast was amazing!! There was so much food! Thank you. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Terry B, Owner at Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay, responded to this review, 4 days ago
376Robert
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sarah puts out a great breakfast and her team keep our large rooms clean and fresh. We are as you have noted a traveler's choice. Thank you again for choosing us for you stay in the Beautiful Monterey Bay area.

Been to Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay? Share your experiences!