“Tasty and affordable Mexican” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 145 restaurants in Manteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Georgia
“Tasty and affordable Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Discovered this family-run restaurant on our way from San Francisco to Yosemite. Best Mexican food we found on the whole trip. Staff were friendly and welcoming, and everything we ordered was delicious, and prices were very reasonable. Worth a short detour off the freeway to find a non-chain lunch spot.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Bali, Indonesia
“Super friendly owner, delicious original mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

We received the warmest welcome from Rudy when we walked in this winter day. We were traveling from Sonora back to SF. I ordered chicken tostada, my husband veggie burrito. Rudy he gave us his special home made chili sauce, oh it's the bomb! I went to him and ask for some more lettuce, he took my plate and came out with a full dish! He added everything :) stay away from the famous Mexican chain and give this place a try, a little taste of Mexico. Muy delicioso!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manteca, California
“Great Food, Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Taqueria Yvette's has very good food & friendly staff! My family & I come here all the time! Great restaurant! I would definitely recommend!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern California
“Good Food, Better Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

This is one of my family's favorite restaurants in town. We like to come here after our morning of karate classes and we're never disappointed. The best feature about this place is the owner, Rudy! He treats everyone like family and will quickly learn your name if you come in more than a few times. He likes to come sit down with diners and chat with them. It's a family business and the conversation often turns to family.

He's actually learned what my three kids like and he always serves up a bowl of gravy for them to dip their chips in, although the parents are raiding it too. My kids took up a liking to Jarritos and now they refuse to drink soda when we go there. He also has my wife's favorite type of ice, what she calls hospital ice (yes, she's an ice snob).

Everything we've had there has been good. My favorite is the rice which I could eat all day. I also like the tacos there, although they do have a bit of a bite, so beware. the enchiladas and burritos are very tasty, also. If you are in the area, stop by and make this your new favorite restaurant. It's not a fancy setup, but it's a warm place that we keep coming back to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere