“Confused and disorganized staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Yosemite and Commerce, Yosemite and Commerce, Manteca, CA 95336   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Manteca
Perris, California
“Confused and disorganized staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just a one night stay as I was traveling home. This seemed to be a good spot next to shopping/food, etc. I had a very nice room, spacious, up to date, clean...inviting to come into. But had problems with the staff trying to do too much at one time while checking in and not really paying attention to complete the task at hand. Get 'em signed in and move on to the next customer. Staying in the Holiday Inns often, I am a Priority Card member, but this facility has been the first not to acknowlege this, rather commenting that I have the old card and should be getting the new one soon. Their attention to detail was most evident in the morning as I had requested 2 rooms and was to pay for both, but found that they charged me for one and just plopped the other room on my wo-workers 'on-file' credit card even after given instructions to charge both to mine. I had not received my bill at the room in the morning, so I went to the desk and rang the bell for assistance and waited 5 minutes for the clerk to show to get my paperwork and discuss the situation. She was working in the kitchen and trying to get breakfast out which was already passed the posted time for guests to start eating. All she could say was sorry and went back to kitchen duties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We appreciate the time you took to offer a review for your stay at our hotel. I want to assure you that we do not condone such behavior from our guest and staff. We have taken your constructive criticism to heart and have used it to modify our staffing level during busy baseball season. Please contact me personally at the hotel contact information for additional feedback to assist me to avoid future guest disappointment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed for one night while on our way to Sequoia. The rooms are very clean and quite spacious. The bathrooms were nicely updated and the rooms had nice flat screen TVs. The breakfast was just OK, with the normal Holdiay Inn Express cinnamon rolls. The hotel is located in the center of Manteca with a lot of restaurants and shops around. It is a good location. Overall, I would probably stay there again if I was in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We appreciate your comments. Your kind words will help our employee morale.
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed there for two nights only. The location was near to Target, Staples and some restaurants. The room was ok but clean. The bathroom was also clean and had good water pressure. The hotel provided free simple breakfast: bread, butter, egg and milk / juices. Nothing special about this hotel but overall it was acceptable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Globaltrading,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel 11/3/11-11/5/11. The staff was amazing! Especially your front desk employee Amanda, I was waiting to check out an it was very hectic Amanda was a complete professional. Even when a disgruntled guest was yelling at her about what seamed to be absolutely his fault regarding his check out time. We were so impressed on how she remained calm an collected during the explanation of the situation. She is a great example of what an exceptional employee should be! We told her she did a wonderful job handling the problem, an assured her that we would be staying here again!

Jennifer

P.S. If the disgruntled guest just so happens to read this review as well you were insane!

• Stayed November 2011
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel. This was the first we stayed at a holiday inn. I would say our experience was just ok. The front staff doesn't really acknowledge you as you walk in. A simple hi or smile would have been nice. However the room was spacious. The decor could of been nicer since the bathroom looked very nice. Looked as if it was remodeled. I was disappointed with the breakfast. The pancake machine was out of order. There wasn't much of a selection for breakfast but at least it was offered and better than nothing. If I had no option I probably would stay here but it wouldn't be my first choice. I would rather stay at a Marriott.

• Stayed September 2011
west coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Close to restaurnts and east access to highway. Vert clean and comfy rooms staff was awesome. Very good breakfast compared to others in same class.

• Stayed June 2011
Riverton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here on May 27, 2011 with my 16-year-old son as we travelled from Salt Lake City to attend my nephew's high school graduation in nearby Escalon.

The hotel was perfect for us: it's about 10 miles from Escalon, but conveniently located right next to Highway 99, amidst a gaggle of stores and quick service restaurant options. There is a Target right across the parking lot which my son took advantage of because he forgot to pack the products he uses to style his hair.

The room had a refrigerator and a microwave, although we did not use either of them. The breakfast in the morning was standard fare, with cereal, yogurt, coffee, toast, sausage, eggs, and a cool pancake-making machine!

The service at check-in time from Amy was outstanding! She answered all of my questions, told me that the rate I had was lower than the AAA rate I was requesting, and gave us each a bottle of water and cookie for being members of Holiday Inn's frequest guest program.

I plan to stay here again next year when my other nephew graduates!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca? Share your experiences!