We stayed here for one night only and it was reasonable but nothing special.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful but the rooms were a bit tired and needed an up date. The rooms were were in (we booked 3) were all quite dark and outdated. We drove to the beach as we weren't there long but it would have been at least a 30 minute walk.
We went to an outlet shopping mall but it was a fair distance and took us over an hour to get there and back.
The hotel is situated quite a distance from all the major LA attractions and there are no good public transport links to any of them so the only option is to drive which is time consuming and the traffic is very heavy.
The breakfast was ok but the breakfast room was small and some of us had to wait for a table to become available.
There is a small pool area that seems clean and was bright and sunny. The carpark is in the basement but well lit and felt safe.
We did use the transport to the airport as one of our party was returning home from there and we encountered no problems whatsoever.
All in all a reasonable one night stopover but would not recommend for much longer than that
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel located in Manhattan Beach. Close to the Manhattan Beach Pier and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Wave Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.