“very nice and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Manhattan Beach
“very nice and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed in a 2 bedroom unit and I was very pleased with the room! the kitchen was small and had everything we needed for our short stay. there were 3 large flat screen tv's and the 2nd room was a very cool upper loft area with my own bathroom. The staff was great and there was a social get together with free wine and beer and appies after 5 30. also a very nice comp breakfast in the morning.the place is under some renos but it was hardly noticed.

Room Tip: ask for a 2nd floor room to get the loft area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
What a wonderful thing to hear, Seanola! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great to hear reviews from our happy guests. We are very happy that you were able to experience our outstanding staff, our fun evening hospitality hour, and our hot delicious buffet breakfast. It's also good to hear our renovations had minimal impact on your stay. It's scheduled completion is late May, early June so we hope you return soon to experience our brand new breakfast and social hour area - our Gatehouse! We look forward to serving you again.

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
annandale, virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights in late March. I liked the hotel. We had a 2 bed penthouse room (#522). Upstairs (no door) had a queen bed, bathroom, large sink area and closets. Downstairs had a separate bedroom (another queen) with doors, bathroom, and closet. The room also has a small living-room type area and a good sized kitchen. It was clean and most of the furniture appeared new. We had two adults/two kids and had plenty of space. The kids liked the loft room. WiFi speeds were average. The hotel is in the suburbs, so no views except the parking lot or other buildings. We didn’t have much interaction with the hotel staff except at check-in, and this service was fine. The breakfast is in a separate “party tent” area. They had a wide variety of food (nothing fancy) and plenty available. The only wait was for the waffle maker.

The hotel lobby building is under construction, and this was listed on the Marriott website when I made the reservation (mid-Feb). I did not hear anything, but I have to believe if you are in a building next to the lobby building you will notice the construction. The hotel location is fine – just off a main road. There are stores and basic restaurants around the hotel. The beach is about a 5-10 minute drive, depending on how many stoplights you hit and if you can find beach parking. LAX was about a 15 minute drive in morning traffic.

FYI: the hotel had apparently oversold penthouse type rooms when we were there. They asked me if I was willing to change room types, but never offered me any $ discounts, points, etc. as compensation so I didn’t change. Note comp goes a long way in these situations.

We picked this hotel since it had suites and is near a family member that lives in Manhattan Beach. We’ll use it again on our next visit.

Room Tip: In the short term, anything away from the under-construction lobby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, CTBarr, for your feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate your concerns regarding your potential room type change and will use your comments to improve our hotel and service. Our goal is to always provide 100% guest satisfaction.
We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast and accommodations! The bedroom loft is always a hit with children. Its design gives them a feeling as if they’re floating near the ceiling. Also, thank you for your comments regarding our location. It affords a convenient walking distance to the beach and lots of places to eat and shop nearby.
You’ll be pleased to know we are on the last part of our renovations and it’s scheduled completion date is late May, early June. We look forward to serving you soon so that you can enjoy our brand new property!

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A really good place to stay in LA, especially for families.

Location: Excellent, about 5 mins drive from wonderful Manhattan beach, there is a large Target next door to buy provisions. About 15 mins from Airport and close to freeway.

Rooms: We stayed in a penthouse. These are large. There is a large open plan lounge diner and kitchen, two large bedrooms both with ensuites. The kitchen has all necessary appliances i.e. cooker, dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer.

Service: With one minor exception this was perfect. Kim on front desk was really helpful and very kind. There is also a gentleman, cannot remember his name, who seems to do all sorts including welcoming you at breakfast; A genuinely nice and helpful guy who is a credit to the hotel. Housekeeping was flawless, our rooms were immaculate when we returned from days out. Breakfast was excellent, in particular the salsa to go with the eggs and the granola and yoghurt. I should also mention the staff at breakfast who were very helpful and always had a smile. Again a credit to the hotel My only gripe was the manner in which we were spoken to by a member of the front desk. I do not think it necessary to go into detail except that his tone was condescending and unnecessary. (this is why service is 4 stars rather than 5).

Overall though, this is a great hotel with great people. I wholeheartedly recommend the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Apartments at far end of complex are very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear pfg80,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us on TA! We're delighted to learn you found Kim and Ronald most helpful, we'll be sure to pass your comments along. Should your travels bring you back to Manhattan Beach, please do not hesitate to look us up!

Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My daughter, her friend, and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan Beach last weekend and had a wonderful time. Although the facilities are under some construction right now, it did not in any way detract from our experience. I selected this hotel based on both the amenities (having stayed at Residence Inn hotels previously) and location. My daughter had a concert at the Staples Center on Friday night (about 20 minutes away), and I had a beach volleyball tournament on Saturday at Manhattan Beach (about 1 mile away).

Everyone we encountered on staff was extremely friendly throughout our stay. The room looked to be newly renovated and was very fashionably appointed. The bed and bedding were very comfortable (believe me, much needed and welcomed after the tourney). I appreciated that the hotel offered a shuttle to the beach since the pool was under construction which was great for my daughter and her friend! The breakfast offering was very good (for hotel breakfast), and had many healthful options.

I suppose the only detractor was that it was a little difficult navigating out of the parking lot (very busy road and right turn only to exit), but it didn't really bother me and the front desk gave me a short-cut how to best double-back to get where I needed to go.

All in all, I couldn't have been happier with our accommodations and I really look forward to coming back. It was a great value and suited our needs perfectly!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AlyssaD760,

On behalf of the entire team here at Residence Inn Manhattan Beach, I extend to you a sincere and genuine thank you. Our team takes great pride in providing service that gets noticed and we are truly glad that you took notice!

I am glad you, your daughter and her friend were able to take advantage of the services provided. As you mentioned, our property is under a bit of construction to build a brand new gatehouse (front desk, pool area, etc.) and is near completion; just a few weeks to go!

Thank you for noticing our recently renovated rooms; they were just completed in June of last year. I am delighted to learn you found our best truly comfortable; how did the tournament go? I hope you won!

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to our property, so pelase do not hesitate to contact us when looking for accomodations for your next trip, we always enjoy welcoming back old friends.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can't say enough great things about the staff and the property. Lots of choices for breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, awesome staff all the way around. I look forward to my next trip to Manhattan beach and highly recommend considering this hotel for the business traveler, perfect long term stay option!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beth A.

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your most recent visit! We truly appreciate your kind words, it's what we strive for! We can't thank you enough!!! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, our gatehouse is in it's final stages of being complete, so hopefully you will be able to come and enjoy it sooner than later.

Princeton Junction, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was like staying in a townhouse community. Individual groups of two story buildings -- our section had the hot tub and we did not hear the people using it. We had the two bedroom loft. Newly decorated, nice kitchen, living room had a fireplace, but don't know if they supplied wood for it. Breakfast was better than most -- two waffle makers, yogurt, fruit, cereal, breads, eggs with changing sides. They even have a nice evening snack. Lasagna the night we arrived, next night hot dogs. Complementary beer and wine. The construction did not bother us at all -- couldn't use the pool, but it was too cold anyway. Only complaint -- my adult son was in the loft but there were no doors or walls so he had no privacy and said he could hear us even with our door closed.

Room Tip: no elevators so if that's an issue stay downstairs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear WWwalker,

Thank you so much for sharing your most recent experience with us on TA. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our penthouse suites are very popular, I'm certain you can see why! I'm glad you noticed our breakfast display, many of our valued guests like yourself, rave about it as well. If your travels bring you back to the area, please stop by and see us again! We would love for you to see our gatehouse, which is in it's final stages of being complete.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have no complaints at all about this hotel, they had some construction going on during our stay, but it did not affect us one bit. The room we beautiful and so clean and the added security in the evening was a big plus. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. I would definitely stay here again even the price couldn't be beat, and most important, it felt like home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves in offering a home-away-from-home feel and we are so thrilled to hear you experienced that! You’ll be pleased to know the renovation is on its last leg and we should be complete by the first part of May 2013. After the completion of the rooms renovation last summer, we are excited the current work on our Gatehouse are (breakfast, front and back office, fitness center, and laundry) will be equally impressive. On behalf of all of our charming staff, we thank you and look forward to your return!

Front Desk Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!