“Staff is the most genuinely friendly and helpful staff of any hotel I've stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach

Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I'm on the road forty plus weeks a year, so I get to experience a broad spectrum of hotels. What sets this hotel apart from others is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff no matter which shift is on duty. On Wednesday evenings, the complimentary dinner comes with karaoke for those that wish to participate. The location is just minutes from LAX and within walking distance of a mall. Only thing that could make this hotel better would be complimentary shuttle service to and from LAX. Overall experience is among the best of any hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear gjcsontos,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your latest stay with us. Our staff was thrlled to read of your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Our karaoke night continues to be popular; it really kicks into high gear during the summer. Who knows? We may have already heard the next American Idol here ;). Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Asst. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel usually twice a year for extended periods - 21 days at a time. In all cases, the hotel staff is vey cordial and are willing to assist in any manner they can. The rooms are well kept and very clean. A great place to stay, friendly staff, and close to many restaurants and shops. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hermon, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I am so glad we found this place. It's close to the highways and the beaches, it was very quiet. I was worried about the reviews about the car place beside it but the noise never bothered us while we were at the room. We rented a penthouse and it was wonderful for a family with two teens. The breakfast every morning was wonderful, hot and cold items, kept clean and replenished. There were also appetizers and such at night but we never made it to that. The only dislike I have to say about the hotel is the parking. The spots are very tight, they are marked for compact and regular sized vehicles but nobody paid attention. If you are using GPS, there is no 17th Street sign. The driveway is located after 18th street right across the street from the huge red tire place sign and looks like it shares the entrance with the Toyota dealership.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear scubedo,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with TripAdvisor. I passed your comments on to our staff and they were delighted to learn of your satisfaction during your recent visit. As "Service Fanatics," we thoroughly enjoy hearing feedback form our valued guests. Our 850 sq. ft. penthouse suites are our most popular room types and are ideal for families traveling together. I am glad it was ideal for you and your family.

Once again, thank you for shairng your experience, if you are ever back in the area, please do come back and visit us; we love welcoming back old friends!

Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We had a great stay and great location. Traveling around LA area and it was a bit of a drive but for the price it was great. For $90.00 a night we received an extended breakfast of eggs, French Toast and other hot items. The staff was friendly and well informed about the local environment. Security was present and seen every day and night. The kitchen had a full stove, oven and refrigerator. Hot tub and pool located outside. Place was clean and we found the beds to be comfortable. You can hear the people upstairs and with it being close to the airport bound to have some early morning noise. No elevators so if you get an upper room you need to be able to climb stairs. No safes in the rooms. The front desk does not have safety deposit boxes that will fit computers. There is an evening reception only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. We hurried back to have a glass of wine at the reception on Thursday but they said the website is wrong and they only serve it M-W…It is a bit difficult pulling into the driveway so just know you may have to pass it and turn around. There is free parking here also.. Grocery store nearby but not walking distance. Nice work area to set up the computer but you might want to bring a power strip. We saw some of the other hotels in this area and I think from the outside this hotel seems much cleaner.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your most recent experience with TripAdvisor. The staff and I were delighted to learn of your satisfaction during your stay; it's what we work so hard for. I must apologize for any confusion with the social hour schedule, if you would kindly let me know which website you are referring to that had the incorrect schedule, I will gladly look into it. For future reference, please check our direct website for our hours of operations.

Thank you again for your review, should your travels bring you back to the Manhattan Beach area, please come by and visit us, we love to re-welcome old friends.

Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed two nights because of proximity to LAX (and it is conveniently close and can be reached without highways). We stayed in a penthouse, which I have stayed in years ago (and my family was all excited about). Well, the room looks like it has not been renovated since it was built. Nasty looking old carpet, dated furniture, scary bed "scarf", numerous scuffs and dings all over the place, curtains with holes ripped in them, etc, etc. They DID replace two out of the 3 TV's with flat screens, which is a step in the right direction. This room (and the others?) SCREAMS for renovation, soon!

On the positive side, the entire staff was extremely nice. Breakfast was bountiful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear Elitefreak,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience on TripAdvisor. First and foremost, thank you for returning to our property to stay in one of our popular penthouse suites. I am sorry that this stay fell short of your expectations. It is true that our property is in need of a renovation; while we have not done a complete renovation, we have done some upgrades to some of our suites, such as the flat panel TVs you mentioned. The good news is that we will soon undergo a renovation [more to come later :)]. I am delighted that my staff took good care of you; it is certainly somethin we take great pride in doing.

I'd like to thank you once again for sharing your experience. Please stay visit our pages on facebook and twitter to keep up to date on special rates and promotions as well as renovation news.

Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had read the reviews and had some concerns, but we addressed them and were listened too. The front desk customer service employee was Chris. He listened to my concern's re: the heater noise and put us in a very clean quiet room in the back of the property. We were also given a few sample items that might be needed as well. When has that ever happened? For me, Never!! I was concerned about the pets being allowed in the room, we both have allergies and the explaining of the hypo-allergenic procedure put me to rest and we did just fine.
Our one problem we did have was the comfort of the temperature in the room . We put the thermostat on a cool 60 degrees and it did not cool down at all. There were windows so we were able to use the cool fresh air at night. So not sure what the problem was there. The breakfast was very good for a free breakfast, a bit beyond the normal.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear jaysue,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted to read that Christos' service stood out to you. I will certainly pass along the comments. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Regards,

AGM
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

We checked in for a long weekend. The first night at the hotel we were awakened at 12:45am by a great deal of noise. The noise never stopped and increased in level at 3:45am. After being unable to sleep for several hours we called the front desk at 4am.
We were told that someone had been checked in at 12:45 and 3:45 in the room above us and next to us. I explained to the front desk staff that either someone was doing remodeling or having a cardio class above our room for the past 3 plus hours. We were told that they said they would send someone to talk to the people above us. We did hear a knock on the door shortly after that, but sadly nothing changed. I thought the hotel had a maximum number of occupants per room restriction for occupants, but apparently that isn't inforced. The next day we stopped by the room to pick up something in the later part of the morn and noticed a total of 12 people walking out of the room above us, black and red formal wear being worn and they proceeded to pile into a limo. As they were coming down the stairs it was necessary to stand aside until they had all exited their room so it was easy to count the occupants. I realize that establishments have a difficult time mandating respect, consideration and coutesy, but in this case something should have been done about these people who obviously couldn't care less about anyone else staying in the hotel. We literally weren't able to sleep from 12:45am on that evening. My daughter who lives in a very noisey student cooperative housing apartment near UCLA and is use to loud parties lasting most of the night said this was like being back at her place, no relief at all. Yes the front desk did talk to the occupants, but the rude noisy behavior didn't stop/change and when we called again at 7am we were told they would move us. The hotel did move us and thank goodness the new building was 100% better. We were able to get a couple good nights sleep after that and the hotel did offer us a few items from their store as an apology when the new room keys were delivered.
I feel a policy should be in place for future issues of this type so that staff members could deal with problems immediately. I really didn't think it was fair in the least that I paid to stay in a hotel and wasn't allowed to sleep at night, but other occupants were allowed to be disrespectful and discourtesious without any consequences. I was very unhappy with the hotel after the first night, but once WE WERE the ones required to move due the behavior of the occupants above us things improved drastically. Why is it that the ones who are following the rules and being considerate are the ones who experience the consequences for those who don't? Besides this issue, the hotel in general was good. The breakfast buffet was great with many options. The beds were comfortable and the kitchens were well stocked. Unfortunately the TV options stink . Why can't the hotel offer a traditional basic cable/satellite programing option? I was really disappointed with the programming package offered. I can only compare it to tv programming options in Thailand hotels, extremely limited. I've never stayed in a hotel in the US that didn't offer decent programming. Its nice to have options for the occasional times one did want to watch something worth watching on tv. The hotel definitely needs to improve the cable offerings. I would stay here again, but would really recomend that you request a building that doesn't have rude large groups staying in one room.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!