“Best for Business Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Parkview Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266-3714   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Manhattan Beach
Arlington, Virginia
“Best for Business Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel clearly caters to the business traveler. Since I was there on business, it worked fine for me, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a family. Be advised that parking is $21/day and internet in your room is wired and costs $12.95/day. Rooms are nice and beds are comfy; decent shower. Good gift shop. Service and food are very good, and it's just three miles from LAX, so as I said, it's best for business. If you are in the area for a family vacation, best to go to the Marriott Residence Inn down the road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for staying with us for business, we hope you come play with us sometime. The beach is just a mile away and we've got a golf course on the property.

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently stayed here for one week combining business and pleasure. It was an excellent hotel for a business conference and conveniently located (walking distance) to many restaurants and a movie theater. A tour bus picked us up at the front door, and we were able to rent a town car to do some touring as well. This was definitely the way to tour. Not only was the hotel beautiful and clean, the desk staff, valets, and concierges were extremely personable, friendly, and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Carlos the Account Manager was especially helpful and went way beyond the call of duty to make our stay extra special. We have taken several business/pleasure trips in the last 5 years to places such as Tampa, Boston, New Orleans, and San Diego and we have never experienced such warmth, friendly, and professional attentiveness making our stay at the Manhattan Beach Marriott most enjoyable and memorable. We are returning this summer with our entire family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you got to mix business with pleasure and hope to see you again!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a rather typical Marriott. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is friendly. Beds are very good. But all in all there's nothing that I can think of that really makes it stand out from other properties--neither good nor bad. Rooms are average size, bathrooms are larger than many, beds as comfortable as any other Marriott. There's enough closet space, and the amenities are exactly what you'd expect. The room is well-furnished.

The lobby is very nice, but I didn't spend much time there.

All in all, I'd gladly return to this hotel, but I would not consider it "a destination."

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us - we hope to see you again!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights there earlier this month. Everything about the experience was more than adequate but nothing about it was spectacular. Easy access from freeway and from LAX; close to many restaurants. Very helpful staff. Room was a typical Marriott. Some parts of of the hotel seemed to need sprucing up -- like some of the carpet has obviously seen better days. My main squawk was that they still charge for internet use in the sleeping rooms -- that is so "2008" or may "2010."

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course not the busy road in front.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for writing about your experience, we hope you come visit us again soon! Indeed the views over the golf course are quite awesome!
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We are Silver Elite Marriott Members. Stayed here for one night. It appears that they have done some major rennovations. The lobby was beautiful and modern. I've always loved their lobby, lounge, bar area. It's huge. Blows the Torrance Marriott away.

We have stayed at many Marriotts in CA, and this is one of their nicer hotels in Southern CA.

We had a lovely, extremely clean, rennovated King bed room on the 7th(top) floor facing the golf course with nice balcony. It was so pretty and peaceful. If they had chairs to sit out on the balcony, it would have been perfect.

The room looked brand new. Brand new carpeting, drapes, modern brand new bathroom with all Kohler fixtures. Nice modern shower with glass door. Robes and disposable house slippers. I liked the house slipper touch. All Bath&Body toiletries. Loved it.

We slept with the sliding glass door cracked open to the balcony and it was so relaxing. We slept like babies in their comfy king bed. It was heaven.

Big 50 inch flatscreen TV. We were without the kids, so it was a nice treat for my husband and I to wake up and watch a movie in bed. The hotel room was so quiet and peaceful overlooking the golf course.

All of the staff were very accomodating and friendly. The bar was very nice with plentiful seating. Drinks were good and fairly priced for a hotel. The food prices weren't bad either. We didn't eat there, but a lot of people were ordering food.

Self parking garage had ample parking with easy access to hotel elevators. $21 a day, valet was just a few dollars more.

Pool area was nice and relaxng. Would definitely stay here again. Close to Manhattan Beach mall and many restaurants. The beach is just a short drive up the road.

Extremely clean, nice, peaceful, and friendly. I look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor, facing the golf course. Very quiet and peaceful with a lovely view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We're so glad to hear that you slept like babies! Thank you for staying with is, we hope to see you again!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the other reviews about this place, so I knew what to expect in regards to the 'resort fees' that is $21 a day parking, $13 or so to access the Internet $3.50 if you consume the bottle of water they leave in your room, etc. This was my first time back in the South Bay since I left in 1993 and wanted a place to stay close the my old neighborhood for a class reunion party. I knew this area was nice and close to the Manhattan Village Mall. I could careless about the pool (never even saw it) and I only had the TV (nice size though) on briefly as I was trying to wind down for the night. I did find it odd though that a 'resort' would not have Satellite TV, it was your standard Analog over-the-air. I am not even sure if they offered any breakfast other than the onsite restaurant which seemed very pricey (again 'resort'). I had breakfast at a nearby Coco's.

Many people seemed to have griped about the service. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and went out of their way to help me. I did arrive in the evening and there was one person checking in ahead of me. One the front desk ladies was about to leave when she was me and came back to help me. She even moved me from the 3rd floor to the 5th floor without me asking. While I was close to the elevator (room 503) it was quiet. My room was a "city view" which overlooked the main entry court, but it was still quiet. The room was clean as was the bathroom (though I could have done without the automatic light when opening the door).

Only issue I had was my room key wouldn't work for the garage. When I left for the reunion party one of the valets opened the gate and when I came back that night I went to the front desk and found out they hadn't activated my room key for the garage. Once that was done I had no issues. Also the garage is no longer a graveyard for old furniture.

Would I stay here again? No. I can get more bang for my buck (free though open parking, free Internet) at one their non-resort sister properties a little to the east. Nothing wrong with this place, just had a lot of stuff that I was paying for that I didn't need or had to pay for what I wanted (wireless Internet).

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor if you are worried about traffic noise. I had the window cracked open and it was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your high rating and thorough feedback, we definitely appreciate it. When you're next in your old neighborhood again we'd love for you to let us know so that we may make your stay even better. We hope you enjoyed your reunion! Happy New Year!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been at this hotel for 5 days. This hotel does not have a "wow factor" and is pretty basic as far as the amenities. The staff, however, make it excellent. I have never stayed at a place where the staff were so friendly and accomodating. Everyone has a smile on their face. The valet guys are so nice (even extra early in the morning). I ordered room service and the man who brought my food really took the extra time to ensure that I had everything that I needed and that everything looked okay before he left. Plus, he was smiling! I spend more time in hotels than in my own home so I can truely say that the friendliness and smiles go a very long way. I passed a housekeeper in the hall this morning and she flashed a big smile and said "good morning!". So nice... and rare!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
We're so happy that you found our staff so helpful. We really pride ourselves on this to make sure that our guests have a great experience with us. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Manhattan Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!