“Always a good stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Always a good stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I come to this hotel several times a year for business. As with most Marriott's, it is a alwys a consistent experience. Beds are great, bathrooms are great and internet works well. There are a lot of great restaurants accross the street, so you can stay there and have everything you need for a business trip right there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us several times a year, we really appreciate it! Others will find your tip about restaurants helpful as well. Hope to see you again soon, have a great holiday season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Spent a total of four days here, two prior to flying to East coast and two after. Have been here lots of time and always good experience. Room overlooking golf course quiet and comfortable. Bed comfortable and pillows great. Nice bar/foyer area. Very handy to shops (Manhattan Mall) and plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Golf course rooms have lovely outlook.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for business since its the only one convenient to where I need to be. The bathrooms are nice, the beds are great....however, I would choose another hotel if there were a better choice. The reason is noise. This hotel has a small golf course attached and the crowd it attacts can be obnoxiouios. I have had a good 3rd of my nights broken up by loud partying groups in nearby rooms and balconys. In addition the doors are not well insulated to I have had to endure long, loud sessions of yelling and laughter in the hall when I am trying to get rested for the next days work. There is a certain kind of guest that is attracted to this hotel (why I don't know) that likes to whoop it up without regard to people around them.

The staff has been "understanding" but they say there isn't much they can do about it. If your a business traveler, and have quieter options, I would take them. $250+ for a lousy night of sleep is not worth it.

Room Tip: I wish I had one!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

If I could, would give this 3.5 stars. We did not have any problems, and got a good AAA rate that included a nice breakfast buffet, but I was not wowed by our stay. The room was basic...two double beds, a flat screen TV (analog service, though) and the normal dresser/desk/bedside tables. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and nicely done. Even though I knew going in that parking would be $21 (self park, add $5 for valet), I was surprised when I saw the area we were in and the condition of the garage (resting ground for old furnishings and sort of scary) and t that we had to enter the hotel in a back door that looked like a service entrance. The price seemed steep. However the thing that bugged me the most is the $13.95/day charge for internet service. Just unacceptable in this era to charge outrageous fees for something that is free with a cup of coffee in most restaurants. The free lobby wifi service only worked one of the two times I tried it. The business center charges to use the hotel's computers, too, except to print boarding passes. The pool area looked nice but we didn't use it. Lots of shopping and restaurants within a 5 minute drive. Among the positive things were friendly staff, a refreshing water decanter in the lobby and the breakfast buffet that was included with our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was here for a couple of nights for a business event at the hotel. The hotel staff is very nice to meeting staff. We were given a complimentary plate of fruit, crackers, and cheeses. Evening turn down service has chocolates for the pillows. The robes are fluffy; the beds are like sleeping on a cloud. Food in the club lounge is plentiful and decent. The location is close to good restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have to say that Marriott is not as pet friendly as other brands. I know that Residence Inns (RI) are pet friendly but nothing compares to the comfort a full service Marriott provides compared to a RI. This Marriott charges a $200 pet sanitation fee. Its pretty steep but I understand why they do it. I just wish more Marriott's did allow pets. We travel with a small 5 lb Yorkshire Terrier who is well behaved and groomed on a weekly basis. I know children who make more of a mess than our Yorkie.

Valet parking is $26 and self parking is $21. We used the valet service and found the valet staff to be extremely helpful and efficient. Well worth the extra $5 per night. They have a bell cap if you need it. Since we were traveling with a small dog and a had a lot of stuff, we took advantage of this service.

The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but updated. Nice shower. No tub. We prefer showers anyways. Bath & Body Works products.

Furniture looked like it was recently updated. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the spirited service at the restaurant at breakfast on Sunday morning.

Room was a comfortable size. Air conditioning worked well. Bed was comfortable.

Yes, this hotel is not "ON" the beach but it is in Manhattan Beach. People should use a map website on the internet to determine if the location of the hotel is close enough for your taste. Yes, it is in a business park area not near the beaches of Manhattan Beach. The hotel has easy access to the freeway.

We would come here again when visiting the Los Angeles area. Please keep the pet friendly option for this Marriott Platinum Member.

Room Tip: Book a room with a golf course view. You get a nice patio. If you really want to splurge, book a c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel so that we woluld be close to LAX, and this hotel was only a short ride away. I read allthe reviews and found this to be perfect for us for the very early flight we had.
This hotel has a beautiful lobby, and nothing else, the rooms are outdated, except for the bathroom which had been recently updated and that was the best thing, they did say that the rooms would be updated in the future. The carpet was worn, furniture old, and they have a nice flat screen tv but it is Analog only which was dissappointing, one major issue I did notice that the door had a 1" gap on the side that you could look through and see the rooms across the hall and you could hear others as if the door was open. The valet parking is $26 and self park $21 which is under the building, to me that is outrageous especially if you are a silver, gold or platinum marriott rewards member. You should get a break if you are a member. The staff was great, the location perfect, it was close to several stores and restaurants. I can tell you I checked so many hotels by Marriott and this was the only one near the airport that did not have a bed bug report and I was sold. If they renovate all the rooms and I am ever out that was again I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Manhattan Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!