“Smelly bedbug-ridden, stained hole!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crimson Hotel

You added Crimson Hotel to your Saves list
Crimson Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Smelly bedbug-ridden, stained hole!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a friend booked here. he had to leave the same night. The room smelled terrible, there were blood stains on the floor, stains on the bedding, bed bugs in the sheets. They offered him a different room and it was the same! Also, when i booked him, their reservation system wasn't working and I had to go through the hassle of calling hotels.com to have them deal with it. A godawful place I would expect in bangladesh, not Manhattan Beach, CA!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This ho/motel is a complete dump and needs to be SHUT DOWN immediately!!! dirty carpets, stink, sheets with blood stain, old furnitures were what we got as our welcoming...The moment I stepped inside room #210 I started sneezing non-stop and I asked to be moved to another room across the hall which was no better since there was a leaking "jaccuzi" faucet making noise all night, over used towels. Since I was in town for 3 nights, I had to book another hotel right away. I spent the night but the next day I checked out first thing in the morning. Breakfast is a scam because everything were so old and looked like they were picked up from the flea market. Reception had no knowledge about place being in such poor conditions. Though she apologized, I could not see myself standing in the 150 sqf lobby for not even one extra minute. Please do not waster your money and time to book this dump; you will be as disappointed as I am if you are used to staying to decent hotels.

regretfully yours,
Chris from Miami, Florida

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The first room we were given was an absolute dump. The safe didn't work, the fridge didn't work and there was a massive iceberg in it, sink didn't drain, bathroom door didn't close and it was a queen bed and I had paid for a king. We told Reception that we wanted to move in the morning and we were given a much better room with a king bed and everything in working order. The pool area was a bit odd and there was only about a foot of space around the pool so you had to chase the sun around all day, The sauna and spa didn't work. The area is good with a fantastic Sports Bar and Gill (Grunion's) just down the road and a Jack in the Box across the road and a Target a few minutes walk away. 20 minute walk to the beach and only 3 miles to LAX. I probably would stay again just for the location.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 123 it is horrible. Room 225 has a spa in the room and pool facing rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our second time at this Manhattan Beach hotel. And there's a reason to why we went back. Partly because we like the area and partly because we think the Crimson is worth the money. And we were not disappointed this time, either. It's a low budget hotel and don't expect more than that. You get what you pay for. The only thing I am missing is a decent breakfast. The continental breakfast offered at no extra charge is not worth going up the stairs for. We went across the street to Jack in the Box instead. Crimson is only a short 10 minute walk from the nice pier and its surroundings on land. Enjoy Manhattan Beach before it gets spoiled.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The email from the hotel told me their free shuttle ran til 9pm. When I arrived at LAX and called them I was told no, it stopped at 8pm. Just added $25 to my bill for a cab. Apart from that, everything else was fine. The whole place is a bit worn but the staff were friendly, the room was big and clean. Shower was good. My room had a big hot tub bath in the middle of it! Ask for room 225!

The rooms are arranged around an open courtyard filled by the swimming pool. Breakfast was pastries, coffee, juice and cereals. The beach is an easy 30 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for upstairs at the back for quietness but 225v is big and has the tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife, son and I spent 10 nights here on holiday from the UK and got exactly what we expected, a no frills hotel with all the essentials. Although a bit dated the room was a good size, clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast wasn't much but it was something and it was FREE, as was the parking. Having the pool was great just to dip in and cool off, the sauna not working didn't bother us. Every member of staff was helpful and polite. When we had an issue with our safe the maintenance guy and manager came round within 20 minutes and managed to get it open. With a good range of restaurants close by and a 20 minute walk to the beach I would use this hotel again if visiting this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place was located in a great area. Next door was a combo El Polo Loco Chick/Foster Freeze Ice Cream place and across the street was a Jack in the Box. Down the street was a Target and Ralphs Grocery. Torrance Memorial Hos Urgent was conveniently nearby and only an hour visit, 20 min across and down the street was Manhattan Bch of which I walked almost all 13 days. Variety of restaurants within 5 to 10 mins. The bkst would have been better w/waffles or even wheat toast for their selections. The covered FREE parking, microwave and refrig was a big plus. The desk people were very kind and helpful for most part. My 2 teenagers were bummed cuz the 1st couple of days the jacuzzi was broken. The sauna was never fixed during our stay even though the desk said it would be only a couple of days. We were placed in very nice quiet corner room. The room was a bit outdated, especially the carpet but for most part we were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as we had a good experience and placement
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crimson Hotel? Share your experiences!