“Better that the reviews had me believing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crimson Hotel

You added Crimson Hotel to your Saves list
Crimson Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Glasgow
“Better that the reviews had me believing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from the States where we spent three weeks. During this time we checked into the Crimson hotel on three separate occasions (we also spent some time in San Francisco and Vegas).
We spent very little time in the room, using it only for a place to sleep, therefore our expectations were based on the fact that it was cheap, clean, comfortable and in a good location.
Each time we checked in we slept in a different room and there was not one bed bug to be found. Our room was clean and serviced every day by the maid. The superking sized bed was comfortable and there was no hint of any of the rooms we slept in ever having been smoking rooms. Overall the room was basic and "beige" but it was cheap and clean and more that met our needs.
The complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was cereals, fruit, fruit juice, tea, coffee, muffins, crumpets etc and this seemed to be a pretty consistent interpretation of a continental breakfast as it was similar to the other hotels we stayed in Vegas and San Francisco.
Don't think we saw the same member of staff more than twice (other than the woman who done the breakfasts) but they were all friendly and polite.
The free underground parking was a bonus and the location great. Manhatten beach was within walking distance, lots of restaurants and shops nearby, relatively close to the airport and access to main freeways / motorways close by.
For us this hotel was value for money

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
albany oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I took my family of 5 on vacation and stayed here.We had a family suite which was perfect for us! Breakfast was good, just no meat as stated in the online description.The price was excellent for what we got! The staff was very friendly and helpful.Close to a variety of restaurants and stores! We will be back next spring for sure!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here as our online reservation at another hotel did not go through. All other hotels in the area were booked except this one, and now I understand why. The only room available had a queen bed and was a smoking room. I didn't know motels in California still had smoking rooms! The room smelled absolutely horrible. We didn't notice that there were ants until the middle of the night, when we felt them crawling all over us. The ice machine just outside of our room made ice every 20 minutes or so all night, making sleep next to impossible--combined with the fact that the people staying on the floor above us partied until 4am, very loudly with management not intervening. The fan in the bathroom doesn't go off when you turn the light off--also precluding sleep in the middle of the night. Parts of the bathtub had holes in them, the carpet was filthy. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed at-definitely nowhere hear as nice as a Motel 6. Oh yes, the clerk at the front desk was extremely unpleasant as well!

Room Tip: Top floor, non-smoking
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

On Friday March 4, 2011 we checked into the hotel. Upon waking up Saturday morning, I saw a small bug in the bed, and dismissed it as just a bug in the room. However, waking up Sunday morning, there was the same type of bug in the bed again. After further examination of the bed and sheets, we found several bugs on different layers of the bedding. Spots consistent of blood were found on sheets as well. After finding this, I researched the different type of bed bugs, to confirm what we found. When checking out, we reported to the front desk about the situation. Front desk staff was brought to the room to validate what was found. He witnessed dead bugs, and one crawling on the bed before all parties left the room.

Here were the front desk staff solutions:
50% discount on room rates (not accepted)

After returning home, I ended up getting bed bugs. I was bit all over my body. I have had to have my house fumigated three times, carpets shampooed twice and had to wash every piece of clothing, towels, sheets, blankets I own. The management of the hotel has not replied to any email or phone call I have sent him. He has informed me that we were refunded for the nights we were there.

Customer service at this hotel is unsatisfactory.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

The shopping centre (inc Macy's and supermarket) is in walking distance, there are enough restaurants nearby, beach is close and it is in the safe neighbourhood. I requested a quiet room in the back, so that was good. You need to call the hotel to get the shuttle from the airport and it took about 20 mins. For some reasons, they charged me for the "safe" in the room, so if you don't want it, you need to mention it at check in. I was there for a stop over to break my long flights, so that was good enough - did my shopping and went to the beach for a walk and had a nice meal at the Thai restaurant around the corner. There is one PC at the reception for internet use, it worked, did not have to wait, so I was happy for that. Wish there is a printer attached to it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Naples, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Room was comfortable and hotel had parking underneath. I needed to check in for a flight and print a boarding pass and when I hit the print button, I was told there was no printer available. I found this inconvienient

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Title says it all. This is an average hotel. It no frills. The location is close to the beach and LAX. Lots of Restaurants in the area. The room was clean, but tired. Could use a makeover. The pool was clean, however, the weather would not cooperate. Staff was freindly and helpful. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn selections. If need be I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#7 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 504 reviews

Been to Crimson Hotel? Share your experiences!