The hotel itself is not in bad condition. They did a decent job refurbishing it and the rooms are modern and comfortable. Our stay was short, but it felt like a lifetime. Unfortunate for us, a huge Valentine's day party was being held there--which we were made aware of when we came back in for the evening. It would have been great to join had we not had a flight the next morning at 6am or if we were 16 years old (the maturity level of the party-goers). The party and music (which all felt like it was next door) went on until about 2am, then the party guests decided to take the party back to their rooms, the hallways, and outside our door. About 4am when the smoke alarm went off (this was the only time an actual response was issued by the staff after a dozen or so phone calls to the front desk asking them to please help us out with their other guests to keep it down). I could on forever but to make a long story short after rushing off to our flight after 30 min of sleep., the hotel gave us no apology, no discount or rate reduction, and over-charged us for parking our car. Back home we called and spoke to the manager who seemed sincere enough in his apologies and he said the best he could do since we "booked online" was to give us free vouchers for our next stay there. It's been a year and a half since then and what a surprise...no vouchers to be found. Stay away from this "Hip" Motel 6.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Hip. Experience a sun-kissed Manhattan Beach, California hotel stay or vacation getaway. The Belamar, a luxury boutique hotel ensconced in the upscale Los Angeles enclave of Manhattan Beach, California invites you to bring your sense of adventure for an L.A. retreat. Enter a modern oasis with retro accents for the enlightened traveler. The Belamar strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to the guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. The hotel offers signature brand elements, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Join the fabulous from near and afar who have discovered L.A.'s most stylish hotel. During your stay be sure to experience Second Story Restaurant which offers and inviting combination of contemporary American classics featuring fresh organic produce, a commitment to sustainability, friendly service and a warm, inviting interior. Second Story was designed to be a comfortable spot serving great food, where guests can have a nice, relaxing meal. And that’s exactly what you’ll get! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.