“I love this hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belamar Hotel

You added The Belamar Hotel to your Saves list
The Belamar Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly The Belamar Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“I love this hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel weekly on business from Chicago and come to southern California 4 times a year approximately. I've tried many areas and have come to really like Manhattan Beach for it's great restaurants, nice ocean views and proximity to LAX. I have stayed in many hotels from LAX to Manhattan Beach and my number one choice is The Belamar Hotel. To me it has everything; great room and overall hotel atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff (all times of the day and night),a great restaurant called "The Second Floor" that for the first time made me want to eat in instead of going out, and a perfect location. I spent three nights there recently and it's a great place to come back after fighting LA traffic. One quick story; my traveling partner could not fly out until late from Chicago and he couldn't get to the hotel until 10 PM. It was a Sunday and the restaurant was closing at 9 PM. I arrived earlier and had finished dinner when I decided to ask them what he could do when he arrived, expecting for them to just tell me what might be open. Instead, they told me to order whatever I wanted and they would make it fresh for him to take to his room 15 minutes before his arrival. The next morning he went on and on about how great the food was he took to his room and how wonderful the kitchen and bartender were to wait for him, greeting him by his first name saying they're glad he made it in and were happy to see him. They went over and above for us and I'm sure that is just how they treat all guests.I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Belamar on a friend's recommendation. It is a great hotel for the price, perfect location close to shopping and the beach, Hollywood glam decor, excellent restaurant. Service was top-notch from everyone we encountered, from the front desk to the valet parkers to the servers in the Second Story restaurant. One server in particular, Genka, really made our stay memorable. We ate dinner at the restaurant twice and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. We own a travel agency and will definitely be recommending this hotel to our clients.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
North Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The decor and atmosphere of this boutique hotel is modern and fun. It's only a few minutes from the beach and a very affordable price for the area. Would absolutely recommend to anyone visiting Manhattan beach.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sophia S.,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Belamar! We are so happy to hear it was a pleasant experience for you and you enjoyed the location and the value we provide to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon, thank you for stopping in at Trip Advisor to give your feedback.

Many thanks,
310.750.0302
Avalon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for a short visit with friends. Location is good for shopping at Manhattan Village and just a quick drive to downtown Manhattan Beach. Staff is very friendly and professional. Parking is only $10. Room amenities are nice. Bed is very comfortable and sheets were super soft. I highly recommend and would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Christylea,

We appreciate your kind words in relation to your recent stay at the Belamar in Manhattan Beach. Glad to hear the area shopping was an attraction for you and that the room and bed made your stay comfortable. We thank you for your review and for staying with us, we do hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks!
310.750.0302
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Belamar for the a show at the Forun on Saturday 11/29/14. What a great find! We new we didn't want to stay by the Forum or the airport & somewhere that had great fun places near by to grab a drink after. Well this hotel had it all! Great staff, one of the best meals I have ever had at their restaurant & the Uber to the Forum was under $20. So many fun bars in Manhattan Beach to go to after the show too. I highly recommend them if you are attending a show or not!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lins,

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay while enjoying a show at the Forum. We are happy to be an event destination. We will be sure to pass your feedback on to our staff thanking them for taking great care of you during your stay. The Chef and restaurant team works hard to please! We look forward to seeing you again, thank you for choosing the Belamar!

Many thanks,
310-750-0302
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent 7 nights here and absolutely loved it. In a nice residential area even though it is just off a main road. Plenty of shops, cafés and eateries on the other side if the main road and a short taxi ride at night or 1/2 walk to Manhattan beach. We hired bicycles and cycled along the beach up to Marina del Rey and down to redondo beach! Would stay again no hesitation!!

• Stayed November 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved the decor of the hotel. The front desk operator greeted with a smile and informed when breakfast was available and other amenities.
I could not find my room immediately and found a staff member who walked me to my room.
Everyone was helpful and nice. The room was quiet and I only stayed around 10 hours overnight but overall I liked it. The toiletries were a nice surprise from philosophy and since I forgot to pack shampoo I was glad they had such a nice product.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!