“Bit Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Belamar Hotel

You added The Belamar Hotel to your Saves list
The Belamar Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly The Belamar Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reading
“Bit Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here for our first night arriving in LA as I know we would be very tired from the long flight and this is not far from the airport. It took nearly 2 hours to get through customs and the 45mins to get our car so we were even more tired, not the hotels fault I know. But I booked a deluxe king room with a balcony, as I knew we would be up really early due to time difference and I could maybe sit on the balcony in the early hours and look over the courtyard at the water features and palm trees as described on their website. But no, our balcony over looked a roof. All I could see was this roof or the road.

On the positive sides, the beds are very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced. The staff at breakfast were very friendly as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melanie T, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We were sorry to hear that you had such a tiresome experience at the airport, we certainly understand your frustration. Please let us know the next time you are in town so we can arrange a room with lovely courtyard view so you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the pool and new firepits. Thank you for being our guest and we hope we can see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Recent stay at The Belamar Hotel was wonderful. Rooms are modern decor, clean, and cozy. Very pretty, sleek lobby. Great restaurant & bar. Staff friendly, helpful and accommodating. Nice courtyard, pool, fitness center. Great price / excellent value. Walking distance to mall, grocery store, drug store, restaurants. Close driving distance to beach restaurants & shops. Very nice wood chip/green belt jogging path that goes for miles…..to beach or further inland. This is a great find. Will stay here again and often!

Dear EsmereldaTravels,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your recent experience with us. We love hearing positive feedback from our guests and have shared your feedback with our staff. Thank you and have a wonderful rest of the week!
Oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lovely and small - clean - very nice restaurant within - We were there for 2 nights; family lives only 3 blocks away but the house was filled. We were thankful for a place close by and it turned out to be a wonderful "find".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Penny,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for finding us. Hopefully you will be our guest again the next time you visit your family. Bring them in for dinner to enjoy the locals discount at Second Story! Have a wonderful week!
Barberton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I shared an amazing night at your beautiful hotel. Super friendly staff. All around great experience. The bed was one of most comfortable ever! And the bath robes were a cute and nice addition.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Aleks,

We were happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay. We love hearing that our guests loved the Belamar. We hope to see you two again soon and thank you for being our guests!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was great as the room is clean, everything is comfortable. We checked out soon to have a tour to Hollywood and get back to take the luggage.

I found out that I forgot my cardigan and some other stuffs in the room and asked for help but they said there were nothing left in the room. There's nothing to do with it so I left but I don't feel satisfy with that because I only went out for several hours. If that does not happen, I'm sure I'll recommend everyone to the hotel.

Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived late on a Sunday night (1:00 am) delayed by a cross country flight from the east coast. As we arrived, we noticed two men in the small lobby wearing white t-shirts, baggy jeans; high-end basketball shoes, scanning cellphone and idling passing time, neither appeared to be guests at the hotel. As I proceeded to check in, I could see coming down the staircase that connected to the guest rooms, two women strutting in skimpy outfits, with heavy make-up, and super high heels. As they converged upon the two men waiting in the lobby, the women were straightening their clothing, fixing their hair and re-applying lipstick/make-up. The hotel valet brought a single black car to the front entrance, the two men and the two women quickly got in the car and left the premises. My kids, who were traveling with us, took it all in, not really sure what to make of it. From that point on I had a queasy feeling that this really wasn't a "family" hotel, or even a "proper" business hotel. As we gathered our luggage and walked to our assigned room, I noticed an ATM in the hallway next to the first set of room. I had never seen an ATM positioned in such a curious location, away from the lobby. Strange I thought. As we settled in for the night, in what was an adequate room, sleeping became quite difficult due to the banging noise we heard from the adjacent rooms surrounding ours. Not a good experience. Not staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melanie T, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The staff of the Belamar prides itself on providing a positive environment for all of our guests. We hope that you will again provide us the opportunity to show you what truly makes us one of the best hotels in the South Bay.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed her for two nights. It was a very pleasant and relaxing stay. It all started with the help of a great employee by the name of Ali. He was a very hard worker and very pleasant always smiling. The check in process was easy and the lobby is very well designed. My room was on the second floor and there are two elevators to get to the upper floors. The room and bathroom were very spacious. I had a room with a king size bed, a table, flat screen tv, and minibar. The wifi worked excellent in the room. The bathroom was also very spacious. Enough for two people to be in there at the same time. I did not use room service or try the restaurant because of all the great places to eat in LA. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. It is a 10-15 minute drive to LAX airport. Be aware, just like a lot of hotels in LA, you will have to pay for parking. They have valet parking that cost $10 a night. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Q S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We loved hearing that Ali ensured you felt welcome and taken care of while you were here. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area, thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!