“Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belamar Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Belamar Hotel to your Saves list
The Belamar Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly The Belamar Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Detroit, Michigan
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Recent stay at The Belamar Hotel was wonderful. Rooms are modern decor, clean, and cozy. Very pretty, sleek lobby. Great restaurant & bar. Staff friendly, helpful and accommodating. Nice courtyard, pool, fitness center. Great price / excellent value. Walking distance to mall, grocery store, drug store, restaurants. Close driving distance to beach restaurants & shops. Very nice wood chip/green belt jogging path that goes for miles…..to beach or further inland. This is a great find. Will stay here again and often!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melanie T, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear EsmereldaTravels,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your recent experience with us. We love hearing positive feedback from our guests and have shared your feedback with our staff. Thank you and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Lovely and small - clean - very nice restaurant within - We were there for 2 nights; family lives only 3 blocks away but the house was filled. We were thankful for a place close by and it turned out to be a wonderful "find".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Penny,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for finding us. Hopefully you will be our guest again the next time you visit your family. Bring them in for dinner to enjoy the locals discount at Second Story! Have a wonderful week!
Barberton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I shared an amazing night at your beautiful hotel. Super friendly staff. All around great experience. The bed was one of most comfortable ever! And the bath robes were a cute and nice addition.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Aleks,

We were happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay. We love hearing that our guests loved the Belamar. We hope to see you two again soon and thank you for being our guests!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was great as the room is clean, everything is comfortable. We checked out soon to have a tour to Hollywood and get back to take the luggage.

I found out that I forgot my cardigan and some other stuffs in the room and asked for help but they said there were nothing left in the room. There's nothing to do with it so I left but I don't feel satisfy with that because I only went out for several hours. If that does not happen, I'm sure I'll recommend everyone to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived late on a Sunday night (1:00 am) delayed by a cross country flight from the east coast. As we arrived, we noticed two men in the small lobby wearing white t-shirts, baggy jeans; high-end basketball shoes, scanning cellphone and idling passing time, neither appeared to be guests at the hotel. As I proceeded to check in, I could see coming down the staircase that connected to the guest rooms, two women strutting in skimpy outfits, with heavy make-up, and super high heels. As they converged upon the two men waiting in the lobby, the women were straightening their clothing, fixing their hair and re-applying lipstick/make-up. The hotel valet brought a single black car to the front entrance, the two men and the two women quickly got in the car and left the premises. My kids, who were traveling with us, took it all in, not really sure what to make of it. From that point on I had a queasy feeling that this really wasn't a "family" hotel, or even a "proper" business hotel. As we gathered our luggage and walked to our assigned room, I noticed an ATM in the hallway next to the first set of room. I had never seen an ATM positioned in such a curious location, away from the lobby. Strange I thought. As we settled in for the night, in what was an adequate room, sleeping became quite difficult due to the banging noise we heard from the adjacent rooms surrounding ours. Not a good experience. Not staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melanie T, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The staff of the Belamar prides itself on providing a positive environment for all of our guests. We hope that you will again provide us the opportunity to show you what truly makes us one of the best hotels in the South Bay.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed her for two nights. It was a very pleasant and relaxing stay. It all started with the help of a great employee by the name of Ali. He was a very hard worker and very pleasant always smiling. The check in process was easy and the lobby is very well designed. My room was on the second floor and there are two elevators to get to the upper floors. The room and bathroom were very spacious. I had a room with a king size bed, a table, flat screen tv, and minibar. The wifi worked excellent in the room. The bathroom was also very spacious. Enough for two people to be in there at the same time. I did not use room service or try the restaurant because of all the great places to eat in LA. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. It is a 10-15 minute drive to LAX airport. Be aware, just like a lot of hotels in LA, you will have to pay for parking. They have valet parking that cost $10 a night. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Q S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We loved hearing that Ali ensured you felt welcome and taken care of while you were here. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in the area, thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.
DC area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Comment disclaimer:My review is my opinion. At times, some may disagree, however it is my opinion only.

This hotel had so much going for them, I have used them multiple times and asked my entire work team to book here for their's special corporate rates, proximity to LAX, proximity to beaches, free and fast wifi, and I 405.

However on my last visit will be my very last stay as they have some major systemic issues:

1. When I called to reserve hotel about 6 weeks in advance they never sent an email confirmation-
2.Weekend before arrival I called to ask for one they sent me they booked wrong dates for my corporate rate. When I arrived on my right date they had oversold all rooms and could not find a hotel to book me I told them that was fine if they moved me but they had to find same class hotel under my special corporate rate
3. After 5 or 6 attempts , front desk gave up and did whatever to find me a room in the hotel
4. I went to my room with the key they gave me and I walked in on another guest already assigned to that same room! luckily that guest was decent.
5. I went to front desk and explained, and check in assigned me new room (apologized for inconvenience and was super sorry) - went to my 2nd assigned room and started to unpack then I got a phone call saying they had to move me again because a family was coming and they need the adjoining room.
6. Finally got assigned my 3rd room (all within 1 hour of checking in) which was upgraded for a bigger room probably due to the inconvenience of playing "musical rooms"
7. When I got back to the room that night I noticed I had no shampoo or shower gel, I only had conditioner and bar of soap. I was tired and said I'll just wait until tomorrow since housekeeping would refresh my room and replenish. However Day 2 housekeeping came and cleaned my room but still no toiletries! It was midnight and I had call housekeeping since I couldn't wait any longer to shower to get shampoo and shower gel.
8. Worst fail is after repeatedly following up in person with the front desk staff during my stay there would be no charge on my corporate card for the inaccurately booked arrival date and him promising me the fee was not charged, I received credit card bill a few weeks after stay with the inaccurate charge. I was so angry since my organization is very strict about unauthorized charges on the corporate card. The hotel did promptly remove the charge after I emailed and called however it could have all been prevented if they had a fail safe reservation system in the 1st place.

I do want to acknowledge I think the check in manager made an effort to reconcile, he comped me free breakfast and was very apologetic. I believe they have some serious reservation protocol/system issues. I am not sure how they can oversell a room or assign a room key when a guest already has a room checked out. It tells me that their computer systems do not have fails safes and there are some lack of manager oversight especially on details and quality assurance. I remember my last visit, my colleague booked the same hotel and the reservations booked 2 rooms for her when she asked for 1 and they lost my reservation for my other coworker

Sorry Belamar, but I will be moving my business to the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Melanie T, Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and it was very disheartening to hear you experienced such difficulties during your stay. We have shared your experience with our staff and have used it as coaching and counseling tool to ensure this does not ever happen again to any of our valued guests. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any needs you might have in the future at mtennant@thebelamar.com. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to earn your loyalty back again soon.

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!