Comment disclaimer:My review is my opinion. At times, some may disagree, however it is my opinion only.
This hotel had so much going for them, I have used them multiple times and asked my entire work team to book here for their's special corporate rates, proximity to LAX, proximity to beaches, free and fast wifi, and I 405.
However on my last visit will be my very last stay as they have some major systemic issues:
1. When I called to reserve hotel about 6 weeks in advance they never sent an email confirmation-
2.Weekend before arrival I called to ask for one they sent me they booked wrong dates for my corporate rate. When I arrived on my right date they had oversold all rooms and could not find a hotel to book me I told them that was fine if they moved me but they had to find same class hotel under my special corporate rate
3. After 5 or 6 attempts , front desk gave up and did whatever to find me a room in the hotel
4. I went to my room with the key they gave me and I walked in on another guest already assigned to that same room! luckily that guest was decent.
5. I went to front desk and explained, and check in assigned me new room (apologized for inconvenience and was super sorry) - went to my 2nd assigned room and started to unpack then I got a phone call saying they had to move me again because a family was coming and they need the adjoining room.
6. Finally got assigned my 3rd room (all within 1 hour of checking in) which was upgraded for a bigger room probably due to the inconvenience of playing "musical rooms"
7. When I got back to the room that night I noticed I had no shampoo or shower gel, I only had conditioner and bar of soap. I was tired and said I'll just wait until tomorrow since housekeeping would refresh my room and replenish. However Day 2 housekeeping came and cleaned my room but still no toiletries! It was midnight and I had call housekeeping since I couldn't wait any longer to shower to get shampoo and shower gel.
8. Worst fail is after repeatedly following up in person with the front desk staff during my stay there would be no charge on my corporate card for the inaccurately booked arrival date and him promising me the fee was not charged, I received credit card bill a few weeks after stay with the inaccurate charge. I was so angry since my organization is very strict about unauthorized charges on the corporate card. The hotel did promptly remove the charge after I emailed and called however it could have all been prevented if they had a fail safe reservation system in the 1st place.
I do want to acknowledge I think the check in manager made an effort to reconcile, he comped me free breakfast and was very apologetic. I believe they have some serious reservation protocol/system issues. I am not sure how they can oversell a room or assign a room key when a guest already has a room checked out. It tells me that their computer systems do not have fails safes and there are some lack of manager oversight especially on details and quality assurance. I remember my last visit, my colleague booked the same hotel and the reservations booked 2 rooms for her when she asked for 1 and they lost my reservation for my other coworker
Sorry Belamar, but I will be moving my business to the Marriott down the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manhattan Village shopping and the best beaches in L.A., The Belamar is an ideal destination for fashionable getaways. Our lively, avant-garde destination melds retro style with modern comforts and our assortment of Manhattan Beach hotel deals offers the best value on accommodations, whether you are here to work or play. From seasonal getaways to romantic escapes to family adventures, there’s always a way to stay and save at The Belamar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection