“Gem by the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belamar Hotel

You added The Belamar Hotel to your Saves list
The Belamar Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly The Belamar Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Vancouver
“Gem by the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I like to stay in this area and found this boutique hotel to be now my preferred place to stay. The rates and online offers are very reasonable for me compared to the other one I stayed in before located right by the beach. I was checked in by Meagan who made me feel so welcomed and I was even given an upgrade to a room with a balcony. Nice touch! The resto was great! Offering good quality and delicious food and a very good selection of drinks as well. From breakfast to dinner I was not disappointed. My small complaint though was housekeeping not having made my bed completely. Sure they made the bed but the cushions and bed cover that I had put on the couch the night before was just left there. I found that odd.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stay here regularly and love the Belamar. Great vibe, great rooms and a accommodating staff make the Belamar a great stay. It definitely has that boutique feel. The location is close to LAX, close to shopping and dining (there's a mall right across the street), and there's a beautiful hiking path to the beach. (It's about a 15 minute walk). They also have beach cruiser bikes for rent if you prefer. I've never eaten at the restaurant but I've heard good things about it. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night as a little romantic getaway. We get to hotel right after check in because my boyfriend wanted to get upstairs to watch the Final 4. We were checked in immediately and the front desk girl upgraded us to a balcony room for free, since it was our first time there! We were very excited.

We get upstairs and the room is very clean and quite. Bed is comfortable, and balcony is of course amazing. I love how quaint the hotel is. We decided to go for drinks and dinner to The Second Story restaurant. This is not your typical hotel restaurant. It is upscale and chic yet cozy. They had the final 4 games on, but we were the only ones there watching it. The bartender Patrick, told us they have lots of regulars there, because the food is so good.

We ordered the NY steak, and the salmon for dinner. My salmon was absolutely delicious and my very picky boyfriend loved his steak. We decided to try the chocolate fondu for dessert, which had fresh berries that were to die for. The only down side is that the bar closes at midnight, and we were there on a Saturday, so Patrick (the bartender) told us some good local spots for us to get some drinks.

All in all the hotel is wonderful, pool is quite, and nice. Beds are so comfortable, best nights sleep we had while we were in LA. The shower products aren't gross hotel brands, they are philosophy, and if you're a girl, you know how wonderful that is. Hotel staff is great and super helpful. There is $10 valet charge, but in LA that's totally normal. If I am in the Manhattan Beach area I will most definitely stay here again, and will recommend it to any one else in the area.

*Only negative things are, bar closes at midnight, doll pictures are a little creepy, and BRING YOUR OWN BLOWDRYER! I have long hair and the blowdryer sucked my hair into the back of it, and ripped a chunk out. Ouch!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, hotel was clean, amenities were top notch. The lobby, swimming & patio area, and rooms were visually pleasing. Great place to provide a relaxation getaway.

I booked the "Traditional Double Double" room. The room assigned was located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. The room included a large flat-screen television, DVD player, Ipod docking station, mini-fridge, Philosophy brand bath and body products (http://www.philosophy.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-PHILUS-Site/en_US/Home-Show), free wifi, hairdryer, and two bathrobes for in-room use. The room had a view of the parking lot and main street which was expected. For those that are light sleepers, this room may not be ideal since sounds of extra-loud engined cars do penetrate through the window. Check-out time was noon which was great for the slow starters. I often find that hotel check-out times are 11am and having the extra hour is much appreciated. Room service is available with a $2 service charge in addition to18% gratuity. There is only one ice machine located on the 1st floor near the workout room. We were informed that there is an ice delivery service available after 4pm free of charge. Simply call the front desk and request ice be delivered to the room.

There is a workout room which includes a treadmill, elliptical, bike machine, workout bench, and flat screen tv. Some light weights are available. There is also a water cooler available to keep you hydrated.

The outside patio was spacious with well cushioned lounge chairs under awnings and umbrella-ed tables. There is an outdoors fountain providing soothing sounds of flowing water. This outside garden area leads to the heated pool and jacuzzi area. A very calming and aesthetically pleasing area.

Parking is $10/night and allows for going in and out. The cost is directly added to the final room bill. For those that only plan on visiting the Second Story Restaurant located in the hotel, parking is complimentary for 2 hours. I did not have the chance to visit the restaurant during this stay but in browsing the menu there are great "Happier Hour" deals with drinks and food at a discounted price (example: $4 well-drinks).

The hotel is a bike ride away from the beach, but not really walker friendly being nearly 2 miles away from the sand and surf. The hotel is definitely convenient for people who love shopping. Across the street is the Manhattan Beach shopping village with restaurants and stores such as Macy's, Lucy (yoga clothes), etc. There is also a Target store for ALL of your shopping needs and a Ralphs supermarket.

I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it for those that want to stay and a boutique style hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the room rate was great for the area. Pool area looked very nice even though we did not have enough time to use it. The location was awesome, only about a 4 min. Drive to manhattan beach area.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Belamar after a recomendation from a relative. The staff were great and helpful. The food in the hotel was fantastic as well as the staff there. However when we arrived at our floor it was a bit smelly. The room was ok however the quality of the linen was terrible. The sheets were very old and I had to sleep on a sarong. However overall apart from the linen everything else was great

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the Belamar for our 25th wedding anniversary, and it was great! The hotel has an old Hollywood, retro vibe. The color scheme is relaxing and our room was spacious and clean. When we came back to the hotel later that night, the staff had put some chocolate covered strawberries and some champagne in our room with a sweet note. What a nice touch! Thank you Brittany, Matt and Jessica! We had a lovely stay and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!