For a year I had worked on Rosecrans Bl so was aware of this hotel at the corner of Rosecrans and Sepulveda. That was twelve years ago, so when I got the urge to spend a weekend at the beach I looked into it and now it is Belamar. What a great location - close enough to walk to the beach (it is a bit of a hike, but the dedicated walk path is really pleasant) and near shopping and restaurants. My room 211 had a balcony facing the interior patio and was just above a fountain, which was nice burbling ambiance. Clean and comfortable bed, and loved the Philosophy bath products. The front desk was friendly and efficient - my DVD player wasn't working so they swapped it out when I went for a walk, and had the movie on "pause" for my return. Loved the on-site restaurant for dinner and a martini, and the next morning's breakfast buffet was delicious, too. Would offer a "5" rating but I have to agree with other reviewers who said the place is a little "tired" -- Will not deter me from staying again, I really liked it here.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Hip. Experience a sun-kissed Manhattan Beach, California hotel stay or vacation getaway. The Belamar, a luxury boutique hotel ensconced in the upscale Los Angeles enclave of Manhattan Beach, California invites you to bring your sense of adventure for an L.A. retreat. Enter a modern oasis with retro accents for the enlightened traveler. The Belamar strives to offer a personalized experience tailored to the guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. The hotel offers signature brand elements, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Join the fabulous from near and afar who have discovered L.A.'s most stylish hotel. During your stay be sure to experience Second Story Restaurant which offers and inviting combination of contemporary American classics featuring fresh organic produce, a commitment to sustainability, friendly service and a warm, inviting interior. Second Story was designed to be a comfortable spot serving great food, where guests can have a nice, relaxing meal. And that’s exactly what you’ll get! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Olotels, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.