“A memorable experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belamar Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Belamar Hotel to your Saves list
The Belamar Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 (Formerly The Belamar Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Manhattan Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“A memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was picking my wife up from LAX after a long 15hour flight, I wanted to make sure that our room was comfortable and relaxing.

I picked the hotel because of the bathtub, but was very impressed with the staff and how friendly the night crew were. they made sure that everything was comfortable and ready for my wife and I when she arrived. They went above and beyond the call, by having the robes and slippers ready in the room. They also upgraded my room and made a lot of recommendation of place to eat. They also told me the quickest way to get to the airport and beach.

If more hotel had this kind of customer service the world would be a beautiful place. This place made us feel like we were part of their family. Thanks Belamar, see you on our next LA trip.

Andy and Yuki

Room Tip: Don't matter just take care of them.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrived on a business trip straight after a 11 hour flight into LAX. The hotel is a short drive from the airport. Rooms are comfortable with good amenities. We were very hungry and got a nice dinner at the Hotels restaurant. The staff are very nice and Manhattan Beach is a great area to stay in. Fairly reasonable price as well. I did not give 5 stars because the decor is a little bit dated and the hotel could do with a refurb.

Would consider staying again when in LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 1 x week in September whilst on a training course and I have to say that even though I am easily pleased this hotel was really good. It is not too close to Manhattan Beach per se, but as a lover of walking anyway this did not pose a problem. It is over the road from the Manhattan Beach Shopping Centre where there is a very nice California Pizza Kitchen. I did particularly enjoy my chats with the Brazilian Valet parking chap in the mornings whilst waiting for my taxi.

Overall a really pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay for a one night LAX layover - and the Belamar fitted all my criteria.
A quick taxi ride (under 10 minutes / $20) from the airport and I'd already arrived. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly and the lobby area is very contemporary with free fruit infused water available - I had the watermelon - very refreshing.
My room was spacious and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. The common corridor area do look slightly tired however I do not feel that mattered when everywhere is so nice.
The hotel is located in a peaceful suburban neighbourhood, however it is only a pleasant 15 minute walk along a wooded walkway to find the downtown beach area.
I explored the beachfront during the afternoon, but by the evening was ready for a rest so ordered room service (Salmon Cobb salad, tasty and generous) and made use of the free complimentary DVD's from reception.
I left feeling refreshed and relaxed and ready to tackle my flight - the perfect stopover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Typically I stay with friends when in LA - this time I was en route to another destination and just needed two nights close to LAX, but wanted something nicer than a basic, generic airport hotel. The Belamar came up in a Kayak search and I'm happy it did. The location is convenient, the hotel is clean, attractive, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept - nothing fancy, but definitely several steps above average, the restaurant is good. My king size room is immaculate, quiet, nicely decorated, and stocked with Philosophy toiletries, a small fridge and coffee maker. As for amenities and extras, this isn't a "luxury" property - this, I'm sure, is what keeps the price reasonable for those of us traveling on a budget but with high expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed at The Belamar and found it to be comfortable but perhaps a little "tired." My room definitely felt lived in with some wear on the carpet, missing pieces of molding in the bathroom, and a general smell in the hallways that I couldn't identify but definitely didn't care for (not the case in the room).

Contrary to some reviewers, I found front desk and restaurant service to be really good. Smiles, positive attitudes, responsiveness. And the bartender (Pat, I believe) at Second Story in particular was a great guy to be around.

The food at the restaurant is excellent and the happy hour prices are insanely reasonable.

As far as location goes, it's not what most people would think of as Manhattan Beach. It's smack on Sepulveda (a very busy roadway) and a long (20 minutes?) but pleasant walk down to the Manhattan Beach downtown area / shops / pier.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Norm S, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear StuckinStLouis,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post positive comments about our restaurant staff. We are very proud of the service and food quality that we provide in our Second Story Restaurant. I will share your comments with the staff, especially Patrick.

We are currently in the process of selecting the perfect carpet for our hotel and this should be completed in the near future. Our hotel also recently completed the installation of new air conditioning units and 56" plasma televisions each guest room which we have received very positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rooms were immaculate, as always. Service was exceptional and helpful. Entire family was delighted.
We will return for our 4th stay some time in the next year or so, I really hope.
Convenient to LAX, shops and beach. Great ambience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!