“Overpriced. Better ambience and service than food.” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosecrans Avenue
Transit: Bus stop on Rosecrans. Hotel trolley stop in front of restaurant.
Description: Authentic Mexican cuisine, award-winning margaritas, world-class service and nightly entertainment.
el lay
“Overpriced. Better ambience and service than food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2006

We go there now and then with others who choose it. We do not choose it ourselves. The service is always good, and it has a nice ambience, if a little crowded. Probably their best offering is the salsa. It is one of the best around. They always do the chips right, too. Last time there, my chicken was burned black on the bottom, so the burnt taste ruined whatever flavor there was. I would have sent it back, but I didn't want to offend our friends who like the place. The black bean soup was not even as good as some canned soups. I sent it back without comment, and none of the staff seemed to notice. My wife's chimichanga was not very flavorful. Just had a generic fried Mexican taste. Parking is poor. Service is good.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2004

Great restaurant! I've been there many times with my son's family. Food and service is excellent and friendly. Kids are treated well.