“Pancho's is a great Mexican restaurant overall. Large portions. Not cheap.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pancho's Restaurant

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosecrans Avenue
Transit: Bus stop on Rosecrans. Hotel trolley stop in front of restaurant.
Description: Authentic Mexican cuisine, award-winning margaritas, world-class service and nightly entertainment.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Pancho's is a great Mexican restaurant overall. Large portions. Not cheap.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pancho's Mexican restaurant had a great romantic older-style feel and decor. The food was in huge portions that the average person could definitely not finish. I ate the chicken chimichanga, which was excellent. Others in our party had seafood quesadilla and the steak salad. Those were great also. I also had an excellent margarita there. They have at least 20 kinds of tequila also. I feel they could reduce their portions, therefore their prices a bit as well. We were pleasantly surprised that if you paid your bill in cash, you get a 7% discount! Unheard of! The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Overall, we would go back with our cash!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manhattan Beach, California
“Mexico in Manhattan Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pancho's is always fun. Authentic Mexican food in a great atmosphere. It can get wild here on the weekends but that's half the fun. Great bar, great food and great staff.

Visited May 2012
Long Beach, CA
“Beautiful, delicious, beach-close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food and service, beach-close and authentic Mexican cuisine in the heart of Manhattan Beach residential area.

Visited November 2011
California
“Spinache Enchilada and a margarita!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great mexican food, salsa and margaritas! Friday and Saturday nights are hopping in the bar with live bands. Dont forget to take a cab home!

Visited June 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“Very loud and busy, but delicious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

On my last day in Los Angeles, I wanted some really good Mexican food. We were staying at the Comfort Inn not far from there and the concierge recommended this restaurant. A lady happened to be there and spoke out to agree with him, saying it was the best.

I had no idea what to expect. I'm from Texas and have grown up eating really good Mexican food, but was interested in what LA would call Mexican. It was really good, I was not disappointed.

Figuring that it would be busy on a Saturday night, I called and to my surprise they accept reservations. When we got there, we found that they have valet parking (can't remember if it's free or not) and the place was indeed very busy.

We arrived a few minutes early but we didn't have to wait for long. Maybe 5 minutes or less. There is a ton of stuff to see there. You could easily spend a lot of time just looking around at their silk plants, paintings and so forth.

We were shown to a nice, but very small table. The one thing that I didn't like was the noise. It was very loud. So loud that I could not understand what the waiter was saying. Yes, he was probably Mexican and had an accent, but that wasn't the problem since I've grown up hearing that accent. The problem was the unimaginable noise. I had to shout across our teensy table, just so my husband could hear me.

As for the waiter himself, he was very good. I ordered what he recommended, which I believe was the Especial de Cabo. Man oh man. That was DELICIOUS! Also it was an enormous dish, which was a bit disappointing only because I would be leaving the next morning, so I wouldn't have been able to eat the leftovers. The margarita I got was very good too, but it sure packed a punch.

The silk plants and open-air-like ceiling made it an interesting building. There was music too, somewhere. We never saw them but could hear them. It would even be better if they used real plants, which wouldn't be hard. Start slow. Replace them one at a time.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. It only loses one star because of the noise.

• Visited July 2012