“Very fun active atmosphere. Ocean view of Manhattan beach Pier. good food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rock'N Fish

Rock'N Fish
120 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 379-9900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock'N Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Manhattan Ave.
Transit: Ocean Express free trolley service is available from the LAX area to various stops around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Manhattan Beach, California
“Very fun active atmosphere. Ocean view of Manhattan beach Pier. good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a very fun place to go. Great to watch sporting events. Great place to meet people.... new guy or lady. Excellent location on the Manhattan Beach pier. very good food. One of the best places in manhattan beach to go for a fun evening.

Visited September 2012

Redondo Beach, California, United States
“Best entree salads in the South Bay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Love the shrimp and crab louie, and the iceberg lettuce wedge salad best. Their halibut is always fresh and delicious. Wish the upstairs were open all day, but patio seating is best.

Visited June 2012
Michigan
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

A fun and lively atmosphere just a 2-minute walk from the beach. The food is of excellent quality and service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Estes Park, Colorado
“A bit pricey, but worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

On one of the busiest weekends of the year, Labor Day, we had lunch at the very busy Rock'N Fish in Manhattan Beach. Hoping for a table by the open window overlooking the beach and sidewalk, our party of three had a 20-minute wait. Our bar tab for one Bud Light draft, one mojito and one glass of Pinot Grigio was $27! But our wait paid off, as we were seated after only about ten minutes at our desired table. We shared the Rock'N spinach and artichoke dip appetizer, which was served with tortilla chips and salsa. For her meal, my wife had the giant coconut prawns from the appetizer menu, beautifully presented on a bed of pineapple beurre blanc (looked like cole slaw to me). Our dining companion had the Mediterranean grilled vegetable sandwich. And I had the oak-grilled blackened salmon sandwich, made on a French roll, with a side of cole slaw. If I were to order this sandwich again, I would opt for the wheat or sesame seed brioche instead of the French roll, as my sandwich became very messy with the roasted tomatoes, arugula and caramelized onions slipping and sliding around on the melted Havarti cheese. The portion sizes were ample (my wife felt "stuffed" after her meal), and the presentation was appealing. For a quick lunch during our day at the beach, it was a bit pricey...but worth it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Avoid the Cajun/New Orleans Themed Dishes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Being a native of New Orleans, I got excited when I saw some favorite New Orleans cuisine such as gumbo, jambalaya, BBQ Shrimp and popcorn shrimp on their menu. Unfortunately, my excitement turned to disgust when I ordered the popcorn shrimp and BBQ Shrimp. Both were so horrible and so NOT even close to being authentic that I couldn't even finish them. The chef needs to take a trip to New Orleans to eat these dishes firsthand to see how far off the mark he is...or he needs to change the name of them. The "BBQ Shrimp" was so greasy and so unnecessarily spicy, combined with sweet sticky spice...just horribly gross.

My husband had the king crab legs which were fine and a teriyaki chicken dish which was OK. The spicy mac 'n cheese was good. Based on this and the fact that their menu is huge, I'm giving them an average rating on food because I assume you can find some edible items on the menu. We did not have dessert.

Service was not the best...the waitress was young and not very attentive. Water glasses weren't refilled quickly enough and worst of all, our entrees were brought out while my husband was still eating his appetizer!!!! When I expressed my displeasure, they asked if I wanted the dishes held in the kitchen. No, we don't want our entrees sitting in the kitchen getting cold. We want a chef who understands timing and we want our entrees fresh and delivered at the right time. The staff didn't even seem to understand that this was all wrong because they're young & clueless. Finally, parking is a real pain in this town...you might have to drive around for quite a while to find a spot.

The restaurant was busy so it seems popular with the locals and my guess is that it's perfectly fine for drinks and bar food. Just lower your expectations and don't go there expecting fine dining...and trust me, do NOT order any of the New Orleans inspired dishes!

• Visited August 2012