“Will travel far to experience again.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Auckland
“Will travel far to experience again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was visiting friends in LA and after a leisurely brunch in Manhattan Beach I declared I needed Ben & Jerry's to round off my afternoon. A round of no's followed, with insistence that I try the Manhattan Beach Creamery nearby. I didn't possibly think it could possibly suffice but once I bit into that delicious creamwich sandwich I was in heaven.

First up you join a long line. Which tells you how much people like it - so worth the wait. Then you select your cookie of choice - one for the top, one for the bottom. Each one is delectably chewy and I wish they hold sold just those so I could have stashed a few for later but alas, only in the sandwich. Next up, choose your ice-cream flavour. Lots of choices on offer but mint choc chip was my selection, with salted caramel for round two. Each flavour was super rich and creamy and extremely satisfying. Finally you can choose to dip it - IN CHOCOLATE. Oh this added this was the part that took it to the next level for me. I'm not going to lie, I ate one in the afternoon and then snuck back in in the early evening for another as I knew I was going to really miss this store.

There are a few chairs if you want to dine in but heading down to Manhattan Beach is the perfect way to enjoy it. They sell pre-made options if you don't want to select your own (which can speed things up if you're in a hurry), as well as frozen bananas, cupcakes and some cute candy. If you are visiting from overseas and you have friends or family, get them to drive you here; if you have hired a car, drive here... either way, don't miss out!

• Visited February 2014

Los Angeles
“N-Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great flavours, great price. Not much more to say. It beats the usual chain scoop shop offerings (other than Ben & Jerrys obviously)

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Ice cream is typically always GOOD but this is REALLY good. Smooth, fresh milky ice cream!
The cookie sandwiches were super fresh and delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“It's ice cream, what's not to like?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I'm always up for trying a local ice cream parlor. This place had much more than ice cream with a scrumptious looking display of cookies and other baked goods. However, I had my mind set on ice cream so I didn't even pay much attention to them. They had a large array of flavors which made choosing difficult, but they allowed sampling so I felt confident about my selection. There was indoor and outdoor seating and the location on the main street made for a fun atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire
“Coffee and Cookies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped here for a coffee and the choice of cookies, cakes and pastries is amazing.

I had a Mocha and sat outdoors enjoying the sun, but the cookies, cakes etc gave the most fabulous smells off as soon as you enter the store.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere