“Comfortable beds...great reception and breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Los Angeles

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Los Angeles to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Los Angeles
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1817 North Sepulveda Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Comfortable beds...great reception and breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a great stay Front desk were helpful and polite. Beds were very comfortable Tv in weird place in the dbl/dbl rooms. Evening reception during the weekdays is an added bonus. Breakfast was good. Juice, eggs, sausage , bacon, waffles, with berry toppings. Coffee and cereal also. Downside. Toilet paper is rough and you can hear your neighbor flush the toilet. I would stay here again

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
weehawken, nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at Hawthorn in Manhattan Beach, CA from Friday to Monday. Overall the trip was very average. We are a very easy going 30'something married couple for reference. We arrived at around 1am PST from a cross-country flight. Upon checking in we were greated by a younger front desk attendant. His greeting was very generic and robotic, no real interest or excitement that we were staying at the hotel.

The rooms are fairly spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of space all around. The TV was definitely located in an odd spot, facing diagonal to the bed. No problems with that, just odd.

Unfortunately, we were hit with a few odd situations. We returned from a day out in LA in what I had hoped was a relaxing afternoon watching the end of the NFL football games. We found out that the cable was out in the entire hotel with nothing on. It was out for a few hours which was disapointing as all we wanted to do was relax for a bit in the room. The morning of our departure we attempted to take showers to which we found the water off. We called the front desk who explained their was a plumbing problem in the hotel and they would call us back. Again, nothing major, but minor inconveniences.

Overall, the hotel is very convenient to the area. It is easily accessible and close to the beach. I wouldnt stay there again, but wouldnt tell someone NOT to go there. For the cost and convenience, it worked out well for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HawthornSuitesMB, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the problems that you experienced with our Time Warner cable system. Unfortunately during your stay Time Warner experienced an outage throughout the area due to equipment failure. In addition, I would also like to apologize for the problem that you experienced with the water being turned off in your suite, we are currently updating our plumbing fixtures and our Maintenance department accidentally shut off the water supply raiser bordering the rooms that he was working on. As soon as this matter was brought to our attention we had maintenance restore service to the room. Again I would like to apologize for the problems that you encountered thought your stay at our property, and hope to see you again in the future. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a clean, comfortable, and flawless stay.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights on the last leg of our US trip. I specifically chose this hotel because of its proximity to the beach and I was not disappointed. It only took me about 5-10 minutes to drive to the pier station. You could definitely walk, but I would not recommend walking if you have a child below 5 yrs.

We checked-in Friday evening after driving 4.5 hours from Las Vegas, so I was really tired. To my surprise, this hotel has a medium couch and a sort of a divider between the bedroom and small living room. I also loved the fact that there's a small fridge and separate table for my computer where I could comfortably surf the net.

The only negative thing I experienced about this hotel was the service I got from the evening staff manning the front desk. I needed to buy something late in the evening and asked the front desk guy if there's any 24-hour convenience store near the area and he said there's none. The following morning, when I drove out of the hotel, I saw a Walgreens just about 2 mins away and it's open 24 hours. You could imagine how I felt! I hope the management could do something about that guy. It's a pity I didn't get his name. I could have reported him to the management. I would understand if he's new to the job but he could at least try to ask or surf the net to search for something, right?

But overall, we had a nice stay here. I'd definitely book this hotel again for any future trip to LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CALABASAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

"Day" at the front desk could not have been more accommodating. The room and common areas were immaculate. However, the rooms don't have good sound insulation, and anyone walking outside on the tiles is very noisy, which someone did at 4:30 am.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Shade Hotel
Shade Hotel
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 378 reviews

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Los Angeles? Share your experiences!