“Expensive but worth every Dollar” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Strand House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: "This place is only a month old but very hip- excellent food. Sits right on the hill overlooking the pier at Manhattan Beach".
Hermosa Beach, CA
“Expensive but worth every Dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place has an excellent menu, perfect service, and a killer view as a bonus! Started off slow but with new chef this place cannot be beat! I loved it!

Boca Raton, FL
“Spectacular Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Situated just across from the Manhattan Beach pier, the view is wonderful. The three levels have lots of glass which makes it possible for most diners to enhoy the view.

The food is good - the artichoke salad and the beet salads were delicious and were just about large enough to be shared. Bread is extra if you want it. The 3 large scallops on my entree were a little skimpy but tasted very good. The halibut and short ribs were slightly larger, but not full size by my standards. The dessert we ordered was $8 and miniscule - literally just 3 bites.

We were lucky to have a very good waitress though I had heard the service is spotty.

The Strand House is a nice dining experience, but be prepared for a hefty bill and not being full when you leave,

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great location nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

It is charming restaurant with good food ...Nice reception ..It will be perfect if you can seat near the windows ...

torrance
“Nice view poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

my coworkers and i went to the strand house for a meeting/dinner the service was horrible i would say we were treated like we did not belong in that place maybe we didnt but we were theyre and it was going to be paid for so we deserved the treatment the waiter took a long time to come to our table he did not keep up with the drinks or the food he made little comments here and there about what we were ordering and that was uncalled for. Very nice restaurant from inside out and has the best view of the ocean right in front that was amazing! The parking was not good if you are there for long period of time you have to go put more time in the meters wich is not good! If you are going to pay the price to eat here you should have them match the customer service as well I think we would rather try a more friedly place that will give us in return what we paid for and maybe with a nice view as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Everything you could want....and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This restaurant offers you everything - beautiful views, stylish decor, fun and lively vibe, fantastic service and delicious food and drinks. I indulged in the brunch menu with assistance from the very attentive and knowledgeable Eric and Harmony. I started with the duck confit benedict which I had never had or even seen on a menu before - a phenomenal taste sensation. I followed this with the Hamachi Crudo (yellowtail), delicious yet light, accompanied by a glass of the Patient Cottat 2010 Sancerre. I then loved the beet salad (finally overcoming my beet-phobia!), the beet blending perfectly with the goats cheese and bacon. Finally I sampled a few of the cheeses (excellent range), particularly the epoisses and the San Andreas, and some charcuterie. My only disappointment was that I did not have time (or room!) to indulge in one of their very appetizing desserts with the black and white bread pudding and the glazed doughnuts particularly catching my eye. This was without doubt one of the best meals and restaurant experiences I have ever had. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. A very big thank you to Eric and Harmony (and Stephen on an earlier visit). I can also highly recommend a trip to the bar downstairs and a big thank you also to Heather, Ty, Adam, Christina and the rest of the team for taking such great care of me and my friends.

• Visited March 2012