“You Will Dream About The Biscuits” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manhattan Beach Post is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manhattan Beach Blvd
Description: Manhattan Beach Post (M.B. Post), a soulful, highly personal restaurant by Chef and co-owner David LeFevre brings a playful, artisan menu of small shared plates, hand-crafted cocktails, and small production wines to the South Bay. M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
florida
“You Will Dream About The Biscuits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Okay, I will say, up front that Dave LeFevre, Chef and owner of Manhattan Beach Post is a friend of mine. But his food is so exquisite that even if he were someone I found reprehensible, (e.g, any of the Kardashian clan), I would still rave about MBP.

We took a side trip from my daughter's school-based conference in Anaheim for a lovely stay in Manhattan Beach and to eat at Dave's restaurant. The place was packed and the crowd had a great, fun energy about them. In fact, at one point, we were admiring the table's food next to ours. One of the guys at the table held out a forkful of the dish my daughter was oohing and ahhhing over and insisted she take a bite. Total fun.

Dave is a masterful chef with a down-home attitude, a refreshing thing when so many chefs in the world of gourmet food tend to be a mite pretentious. He carves out a lot of his tables for walk-ins. His communal tables are a tribute to the neighborhood feast vibe he has perfected here at MBP.

And his food. Oh, his food. This was the only night of my life I wished I'd been born a cow. I needed multiple stomachs for all his delicious food. Between the dishes we ordered and the beautiful plates Dave sent out to us, I didn't want to stop eating. Some of our highlights--His roasted brussels sprouts are a thing of beauty, even if you don't like this sturdy little veggie, you will become a believer after a taste of MBP's brussels sprouts. The Farro was incredible. My husband loved the steamed mussels and the seared diver scallops with bacon butter, savoy cabbage and shitake mushrooms. My daughter and all of us really, couldn't get enough of MBP's famous Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits with maple butter. We ordered two orders and somehow managed to eat every delicious crumb, even with our sad, lone overstuffed human stomachs. As for me, I literally licked the plate clean, (you can do that here, it's that fun), of confit pork belly on a bed of grilled asparagus with bernaise and a fried runny egg on top. I love pork belly, but I am very picky about it. This pork belly was sublime, plate-licking good.

We left there and walked back to our hotel, groaning but in food heaven. We had Dave's wonderful staff box up all our extras, because we couldn't bear to part with any of the deliciousness. For the next two days, we carried those boxes from hotel refrigerator to hotel refrigerator because we couldn't get enough.

I'm sad I live in Florida and can't eat at Manhattan Beach Post every week, every day, for that matter. If you're lucky enough to be anywhere near Manhattan Beach, get thee to the Post. Now. Like right now. Stop reading reviews and just go. You won't be sorry.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Happening spot with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Was staying in LA for few days and the place was recommended to me by my friend who lives there. Great restaurant! Excellent walk-in policy. Weren't able to make reservations but showed up and only had to wait about 25-30 minutes. Great place for foodies as they have very interesting and exciting menu items. Would DEFINITELY go again. Not sure it is worth all the hype and whether the Zagat rating is totally just but the place is worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Hoppin' and trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Loud, diverse crowd all enjoying a fabulous night in Manhattan. Hard to get reservation but two communal tables. Brussel sprouts good; mussels too. Wine reasonable and good selection. Will return. (Not a place to go solo)

Visited May 2013
Vista, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am not a fan of super fancy, kinda off the wall food but man am I glad my wife made me go! Amazing cheese and meat tray, their famous biscuits are a must have and the main course was prepared to perfection. We left most of our decisions to our server who, after learning a little about our likes and dislikes, selected dishes for us that were truly amazing.

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Bustling, trendy atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went in at noon on a weekend and place was packed. Great mixed drinks--my bellini was the smoothest I've ever had. Wish I could have been there longer to try more drinks. Definitely get the cheddar biscuits--finger licking good. Grapefruit/mixed fruit concoction also great. Sausage was a bit spicy, which I liked, but others at our table didn't. Server was very nice, forgot the other drink I had ordered after my first, but really no big deal. They give you little print out menus to take home, nice touch. Very loud, with lots at communal tables. Not a best 'date' spot but definitely trendy and for foodies.

• Visited April 2013