“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manhattan Beach Post is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manhattan Beach Blvd
Description: Manhattan Beach Post (M.B. Post), a soulful, highly personal restaurant by Chef and co-owner David LeFevre brings a playful, artisan menu of small shared plates, hand-crafted cocktails, and small production wines to the South Bay. M.B. Post is the culmination of 15 years of work, travel, and finely honed technique in the world's most vibrant culinary communities by Michelin-stared chef, David LeFevre. Renowned for his fine-dining experience and seafood mastery at Water Grill, LeFevre returns to his culinary roots with a more rustic menu, built to be shared and served in a gracious and welcoming environment.
Vista, California
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am not a fan of super fancy, kinda off the wall food but man am I glad my wife made me go! Amazing cheese and meat tray, their famous biscuits are a must have and the main course was prepared to perfection. We left most of our decisions to our server who, after learning a little about our likes and dislikes, selected dishes for us that were truly amazing.

Visited April 2013

92% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Bustling, trendy atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went in at noon on a weekend and place was packed. Great mixed drinks--my bellini was the smoothest I've ever had. Wish I could have been there longer to try more drinks. Definitely get the cheddar biscuits--finger licking good. Grapefruit/mixed fruit concoction also great. Sausage was a bit spicy, which I liked, but others at our table didn't. Server was very nice, forgot the other drink I had ordered after my first, but really no big deal. They give you little print out menus to take home, nice touch. Very loud, with lots at communal tables. Not a best 'date' spot but definitely trendy and for foodies.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Coronado, California
“Communal tables and excellent variety of dishes make for a fun, unique evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and good craft beer choices. I like communal tables and wish more places had them - makes for a very social environment. The old post office decor was cool. A very fun night out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Hartford, Connecticut
“great food but mixed service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our party loved the fabulous selection of small plates, wines by the glass, and mixed drinks. The interior space is lovey and filled with the hum of conversation. Our service was a bit mixed with overtly amiable waiter but inattentive in stretches and then ended with an abrupt and inartful delivery of the message that our time was up and we should pay the bill. The food and drink were great, the place was busy, the ending was off for us.

Virginia
“So good you want to overeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place had such creative and delicious food and drinks (and wine by the glass) that we cancelled our reservations at another place so we could return!

Given the creativity of the menu, I suspect that it changes with seasonal food. (Or is everything always in season in Cali?) So some general thoughts

Experiment and try something new for your palate. They are particularly clever with the vegetable options. Also, the duck was so tender is was hard to get it on the fork, use a spoon!

I am not a bread eater but the cheese and sausage biscuit it like a an entire plate of breakfast in each bite. Really, gotta try this one.

Plates are served tapas style but the portions are generous. We ordered three plates (plus the biscuits) between two of us that are normally big eaters and that was sufficient.

Beverages, wine by the glass offer nice variety and reasonable prices. A try their cocktails, again, we went for something new. I ordered Heart of Darkness. I kid you not, this drink had one taste at the lips, another going down and a different finish. I don't know how they do that magic trick.

Service is also top notch, nothing is impossible and they all look happy to be there helping you! If you cannot get a reservation, don't worry, go early or late and sit at a communal table.

I would return to MB just to eat here!