“so gooooood” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: Complimentary Ocean Express trolley service is available from LAX area hotels to various stops in and around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Manhattan Beach, California
“so gooooood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this place. Come here about once a month, and although it's pricey it's always delicious. get the cotijo cheese coated corn on the cob! amazing!

Visited October 2012

Matthews, North Carolina
“Good food in a fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went here with some business clients recently and we had a great time. This is a smaller restaurant with a long bar on one end very nicely decorated. I made a reservation on Opentable however it did not look like we needed it as it was only 75% full at 7:00pm on a Thursday night (however it is winter).
The waiter was very attentive and they brought salsa and chips immediately to the table. The chips are crispy and salty which is perfect but I found the salsa a little weak. We ordered the made to order guacamole and it didn't seem all that special but it did taste good with a little zip behind it. You could tell it was fresh.
I ordered the pulled duck confit enchiladas with the colorado mole and I really liked it. The other two gentlemen had the skirt steak and the chicken enchilladas and raved about it. Nobody was dissapointed on the food.
I ordered their margarita which is about $11 and was dissapointed. Even though it was very tasty, and not a pre-mix, it tasted weak. For that money and only drinking one I was expecting some magic I guess.

I would head back there again to try a new item.

• Visited December 2012
Hampden, Massachusetts
“Accidental diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were walking Manhattan Ave late afternoon after a long day of travel, when we came upon Mucho, just opening for the evening. We were seated at a curved bench in the contemporary, attractive lounge area facing the bar. Margaritas (delicious) led to apps. All good. We watched the place fill up, bar, indoor, and sidewalk seating. Had to catch the server's eye when needed, but felt unhurried and relaxed for two hours as Mucho hit its stride.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“Very good upscale Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was in town for a conference and heard this place was worth trying and it didn't disappoint. My friend and I split a pitcher of sangria, which was reasonably priced and delicious ($30 with tip). We also shared the guacamole which we both found to be excellent. We both had the Baja tacos. She had tuna which I found to be a strange texture combination for this meal and I had the lobster tacos which were wonderful in flavor and texture. The atmosphere is a little loud and the prices are reasonable although not a bargain but given the location and clientele it didn't seam unreasonable.

Overall I would definitely give them a try if you are in the area. Do make a reservation however, we were lucky since there were only two of us earlier on a Friday we were seated easily but there was a substantial wait when we left.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food, puzzling service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had dinner at Mucho on Saturday night. We sat in the open-air area by the sidewalk and found the atmosphere of the place to be lively and inviting. The classic margaritas are refreshing without all the sugar one normally finds. The guacamole, chips, salsa, and three entrees were all quite good (duck tacos were solid). I agree with other posters here that it leans toward the pricey side for a "Mexican food place," but it is high quality food, lovely presentation, and a nice atmosphere so probably appropriately priced...particularly given its location.

What was perplexing to me is this: I bit down on a sliver of metal approximately an inch and a half long. It was mixed into black beans so I didn't notice it until it was too late. Thankfully, I didn't swallow it and quickly presented it to our waitress. She promptly brought me another bowl of black beans and apologized (I think). But that was it - no attempt from management to acknowledge the problem, comp my meal, offer a round of drinks. We paid our bill and made our way out. I found a manager (Luis) who was quite excellent about the situation, but at that point it was too late.

Perhaps I'm overreacting to almost ingesting a metal sliver which I assume came from the can of beans. But I feel situations like those need to be addressed with an appropriate level of proactivity and, in my opinion, it was met instead with relative apathy.

It really is good food and a cool environment, just chew before you swallow.

• Visited October 2012