“PERFECT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Malibu Inn on the beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Malibu
Casa Malibu Inn on the beach
Save Saved
You added Casa Malibu Inn on the beach to your Saves list
22752 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Malibu
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed from Wednesday, May 5 to Sunday, May 9, 2010 and all we can say our stay was"Perfect". The room was right on the ocean and if we got any closer to the ocean, we would need snorkel and fins. The view was out of this world especially at night when the sky was clear , the waves crashing on the beach and just the charm of this inn was incredible. Also, great location as we toured Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Venice Beach ,Santa Monica and an easy drive back to our 'Perfect" inn. For the price to stay four nights and to do all the things we got to do, Casa Malibu Inn is by far the best place we ever stayed. So next year, it was a no brainer as we will be coming back and as my wife says, just to rest on the beach or to sit out on the deck is good enough for her. Yes, good enough for me. Thank you Casa Malibu for a "Perfect" piece of our California vacation, see you next year. Jack and Mary Naylor, Sr.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Perfect getaway in May 2010. Everything is expensive today and Casa Malibu represented an EXCELLENT value for us. An very friendly greeting upon arrival and our beachfront room couldn't have been closer to the beach or the Pacific Ocean. Some people don't like the sound of the waves crashing, I couldn't get enough! To the owners: keep the excellent value and the character, you have a real gem. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed only one night at this hotel. The idea was to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean and to wake to that same beautiful sound. We did both, and that was pleasant enough (although the sound was a bit harsher than we had expected, since the rain was pelting down and the waves were wild. But that is not the fault of the hotel!). The room was a good size, the furniture was okay, but definitely all is in need of an update. Breakfast consists of a little space on a dresser where there are muffins, croissants, and bad coffee. The utensils are plastic. If it cold out and wet (and it was) you will have to go back to your room with your cellophane -wrapped muffin and croissant as there is no other place to sit other than outside (if the weather is good the view must be a delight, though).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

The hotel is small (only 16 or so rooms) but its set up on this little hill where you can see the ocean. The rooms are decorated a little old fashioned, but in a really cozy cute way. The suite are very big and have amazing views. the ground are kept very nice. I have no idea what the other reviews are talking about! The staff is wonderful, and the rooms are very clean! The restaurant on the hotel premises is so convenient!

I would definatley stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

I was originally booked at a different hotel up in Zuma and after reading some bad reviews, I cancelled my reservation and checked out Casa Malibu's reviews. Boy am I glad I did and am so glad I stayed!

I stayed in one of the cheaper rooms - part of the upstairs garden room area. The room was fine....not updated as many of the reviews had stated...but I honestly didn't care. I just needed a clean, comfy bed to sleep in and had no intentions in staying indoors for long.

The best part is sleeping with the windows open and hearing the waves. Yes...an old fashioned motel where you can still open the windows!!! Our view was of the glorious courtyard and gardens. The patio is truly the best part.

The owners are wonderful people who were extremely helpful and friendly. I don't understand any reviews that state otherwise.

As other reviews stated, the parking is pretty tight...but it works!

I will be back to Casa Malibu. I only wish I was going back tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help, Richard!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I loved being able to watch the sun rise over the city, the high clouds getting pinker, and a glow on the water. Seabirds, Coast Guard and surfers also put on a show for us. The room was tight. There were two nights when we were tired from a day of tourist duty, and brought food back to the room for supper and enjoyed the view.
I had several pleasant conversations with the managers, both checking in and in the morning as I was getting breakfast, and overheard them in cordial conversation with others. Sitting on the patio, with all of the flowers, while having morning coffee and OJ, was very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We wanted to stay in Malibu on a trip to California and referred to the positive reviews of this hotel to seal our decision. It was a beautiful place, right on the beach. The rooms were nice, clean and our oceanfront room had a great veranda with a lounge chair and table. The sitting area, a common "porch" had lounge chairs and umbrella tables with beautiful view of the ocean. The inn was quiet and peaceful, as was the beach. Our teenagers enjoyed it as well. Although we didn't use it much, the room had a flat-screen TV (basketball tournament time). Nice location and easy access (in California terms) to the places we wanted to go and the things we wanted to see (LA). Great place, overall.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Casa Malibu Inn on the beach? Share your experiences!