“AMAZING views!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Graziadio Executive Center at Pepperdine University

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Malibu
Villa Graziadio Executive Center at Pepperdine University
24255 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90263   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Malibu
Dallas, Texas
“AMAZING views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here one night before a campus visit for my 17 yr old. We were given one of the front ocean facing rooms and the view was gorgeous! The room itself was spacious and modern with a comfortable bed. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. After a relaxing night's rest, I put on the nice robe (provided in the room) because it was chilly, sat on the balcony and had one of the most enjoyable morning cups of coffee (also provided in the room) I've had in years. I had to pull myself away from the view to get ready for the day. I don't know where my child will end up going to college, but if it is Pepperdine, I will make certain I stay at this lovely property again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had a lovely view from my room on the third floor. The bed was very comfortable, and I only wish that I had gotten more sleep to be able to use it more. The staff at the front desk were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances (and they also clearly enjoy their job, which is a plus). But there were some downsides that I was surprised by. There was not gym on the facility, so I had to walk to the campus gym the students used. Perhaps it was just a nice warm up and cool down. I was also surprised that there were no fridge in the room and none available for me to rent. Instead, there was a staff fridge that I could not access myself, so every time I needed food, I had to go down and get it. I understand that there are some units in a slightly different place that do have a fridge, so if this matters to you, make sure you get one of those. The other thing that was a bit odd was a sign in the bathroom to not use the towels for polishing your shoes or washing your face free. That was a bit off-putting, and by the time I'd actually read the sign, I'd used one to wash the make-up off my face and the damage was done. That having been said, the value for the money was good, and I felt snug as a bug. I suppose having stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn last year at the same time, I was very spoiled. I have to say, in the end, I preferred the Beach Inn for the food, views and amenities. But if you don't want to pay their prices, Villa Graziadio is a great alternative.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

No way are you getting a better view for a cheaper price in Malibu. To be able to stay on the Pepperdine campus and be right in the middle of Malibu you can't beat it. I have stayed here twice now and both times have been great. Plenty of rooms almost all with an ocean view. You are on top of the campus so there is really no better view. 24 hour reception desk so you can check in anytime. I am definitely coming back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I was getting married at the Pepperdine Chapel and wanted all of my preparing to be done close-by. Although not what you think of as a full-service hotel(no room-service, etc.), my room was LOVELY, quiet, and had an ocean view. It was perfect for me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Loved this hotel. The rooms were very attractive and our room with a magnificent view of the ocean was totally worth the extra $20/night. It was a great location while touring Pepperdine. We have stayed in another hotel in Malibu on the beach and it was more and while it was on the beach, it really didn't have a view from the room and it was tiny. I liked being on campus - just wished that you could get food in the room. You can go to the campus dining facilities or any of the great restaurants in Malibu. The staff was very helpful. It is used for business meetings, but we didn't feel out of place at all. Just sitting on the deck as the sun set over the ocean overlooking the gorgeous campus was such a treat. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband & I have stayed at the Graziadio three times now, & we love this little hidden gem of a hotel. We've never had a view of the Pacific, but our rooms that faced the Santa Monica Mtns. were lovely----clean, modern, & the bed & linens so comfortable & sparkling white. The atmosphere is serene & so quiet at night. We loved having a cup of Starbucks coffee every morning in the lobby before we left to sightsee or participate in a conference on the Pepperdine campus below the hotel.

The only drawback for us is there is no place to eat even a continental breakfast unless one goes down on the campus. We wish the lobby had croissants & fruit on hand by the coffee station.

• Liked — Where it sits----high above the Pacific on the lovely Pepperdine campus. Also, how clean & quiet it is.
  • Disliked — Not even a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Disclaimer: I am a Pepperdine grad (I'll leave out how many years ago that was :) and absolutely loved living on the campus.

I stayed at the Villa for 4 nights in the W building while attending a conference at the law school. The rate was half of what I would have paid at comparable nearby hotels. The views were sensational - unobstructed vistas of the Pacific Ocean and Santa Monica Mountains. The room was huge for the price, the linens were extremely comfortable, and the business set-up was great. As an added plus, it was extremely quite in my room - none of the PCH or freeway traffic you can get with some other hotels in the area.

No room service and Pepperdine is still a dry campus, so you'll need a car to get to area restaurants (try Coral Beach Cantina for the best burritos in town or fresh fish at Neptune's Net to the north or Duke's to the south). Otherwise you can rely on campus services and delivery. But you'll need that car anyway for a scenic drive up the coast or hiking through the canyons.

If you're coming to Pepperdine for a conference or other event, you simply can't beat the Villa - enjoy your time in Malibu!

• Liked — Views, spotlessly clean room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Graziadio Executive Center at Pepperdine University? Share your experiences!