“I would visit again” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: DUKE'S MALIBU has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland USA. The spectacular oceanfront location on the Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
ontario canada
“I would visit again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

4 of us ate here last week for lunch. We arrived just after the restaurant opened so we had our pick of all the tables on the patio. The location and view are amazing. I had the pulled pork sandwich and the other 3 all had hamburgers; we all enjoyed our lunch.
The only down side was paying for parking ($5.) but I can understand why they need to do this to stop people from parking here and going to the beach. You do have the option of parking out along the roadside for free.
Would definitely eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Ask for Joe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We walked in for lunch and were seated right away at a window table. Joe was our server. Beautiful Blue eyes! He was very attentive and constantly asked if we needed anything. He got all the orders correct, made appropriate recommendations when asked, and was timely in bringing the check at the end of the meal.
The view here is just beautiful. Joe even was knowledgeable about the high and low tides of the ocean. He made us feel like we were having lunch in our own living room.
The food was very good. They have a nice selection of beer, wine and a full bar.
If you're in the area, definitely stop by Dukes in Malibu and please "ask for Joe!"

** Note--the only reason I did not give this place a 5 is because they force you to valet park...even on a Monday during lunch when 3/4 of the lot is empty!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisiana
“Great view right on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Get there early, like when it opens early, if not you may be in for a wait. We were there on a Saturday and there were lots of tourists. Good food. Liked the Tuna and hummus. The burger was really good. Also the Bloody Mary was really good too.

Visited July 2014
wisconsin
“Poor dining experience all around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The bartender could not make my drink correctly. After a few tries I just took what they had made. The waiter was not to be found much of the night, service very slow. One dinner was cold so they redid it but it still was very bland and barely warm. In their defense, they did not charge us for these items and provided a complimentary desert, but that could not make up for having a bad meal and dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Go for the view (if you have to)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I found myself needing a drive after a long 5 days of working indoors. Because of my location Dukes was down the road. I've been here before and had a so-so brunch. Being a table-for-one I was seated at the very end of the restaurant, but at least by the window. I didn't see a seafood salad on the menu, but asked if one could be prepared. The server informed me that it's a lunch entree but would see if the chef would accommodate. Yes, was the answer, however looking back I wish it would've been NO. My salad came with a small handful of soppy, wiggly, shrimp fresh from the freezer scattered on a bowl of arugula. It seriously looked as though someone (not the chef as no chef would ever serve this mess) threw corn, yes corn, tomato shreds, and hard boiled egg on top. The server never even asked me my preference in dressing. I assumed it would be Louie dressing, it wasn't. I had to ask for it. I pretty much dipped my egg I'm the dressing and left. Never again, not for brunch, not for a beer. Dukes you're so off my radar.