“Fake Krab, awful meal, indigestion city” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 83 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Good for: Outdoor seating
“Fake Krab, awful meal, indigestion city”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband & I stopped for a quick meal enroute to Pt. Dume Clubhouse for a lecture. For $38 we bought 2 small tilapia tacos, quacamole, shrimp cocktail that had fake Krab & lots of sugar with very little shrimp & watermelon drink. Ridiculous prices for poor quality food. He had indigestion for hours. This was no organic meal!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Bernardino, California
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

The food is delicious and it's cheap, too! Burritos were great, and their servings were plenty. Wish we had ordered some to-go...

New York City, New York
“good fast food Mexican that tops Chipotle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

3.5 stars
This is one of our favorite “fast food” Mexican joints. We loved the Chicken Soft Taco and the Classic Steak Burrito. The burrito with rice, which is twice the size as the Classic, is also amazing!!! Love the salsa.

Got a kick out of the cashier who was trying to convince me to go for a salad when I all wanted was a big fat tasty burrito!
Howdy’s now offers sushi…haven’t tried it yet and probably won’t. Overall, good quality fast food Mexican. Rather pricey though. Lunch for 3 was nearly $40!

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Ohio USA
“Excellent Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

Nice quaint place with good food and if your into it a good place to see a celebrity without the huge crowds.

Santa Barbara, California
“Incredible fresh tasting A-list meals at family prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I've been in the restaurant business since grammar school. I've own restaurants and worked in many. I can say without question that Howdy's is one of those rare hidden locations that gives you the the highest quality meals and portions at fair to low prices. The food and hospitality is the same as a high end - white linen - high priced restaurant. Only we paid incredibly low prices for these A-list meals. And my favorite two parts beside the great prices and outstanding food, was that they actually made my food to order right in front of me. And I can go eat outside in a great kid park with my little ones. Of course they loved the tacos while they played in between bites and I ate fresh Sushi. I will be back to Howdys' every time I want to stop for a great meal on the PCH.