“Great service Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

3835 Cross Creek Road 18A, Malibu Country Mart, Malibu, CA
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 85 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Great service Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Mr. Chow in Malibu is such a great spot to start your weekend! The food was Excellent! The service was 5 star! The Duck was amazing! All the food was great! I will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A lovely, sleek, all white contemporary space houses this very busy Chinese restaurant boasting a multitude of well-heeled patrons, some with famous faces. However, even with no reservation we were seated within about 30 minutes on a very busy Saturday evening.

We found both the service, though a tad hurried, and the food were both excellent. We loved everything we ordered. I thought their take on several common Chinese dishes was inspired and delicious. We ordered a mix of small plates and entrees: easy and fun to share.

The price point is fairly high and you'll be more comfortable if you dress in your snappiest casual outfit. It's not dressy as in formal, but it is upscale. And, make a reservation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Best Place Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had doubts at first due to reading the negative comments made by other reviewers, but i decided to go regardless and I am thankful I did. This is by far one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had, the food was phenomenal, the service was impeccable, everything I could have wanted was accomplished and more. To anyone who negatively depicted this restaurant, I must say...I disagree

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mr. Chow in Malibu took over the old Nobu location (Nobu moved to a new site on the water). Years ago I had been to a Mr. Chow in NYC. The environment was okay (all white), the service was good but the food was over priced and not special. I'm a local resident and won't return.

Visited April 2013
“Huh? What just happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I were in Malibu with some friends and decided to head to Mr Chow's. We have been to the restaurant in Beverly Hills and we know that the reputation is for a great meal and excellent service......

Well, the meal was very good......

But the service was extremely confusing. A simple request for more of their hot sauce was met with "we cannot give you more hot sauce---Mr Chow, rules." What?

Zachary was the waiter---maybe he was having a bad day, maybe terrible. Anyhow, i have no need for another visit.

There are so many places to experience in Malibu, no reason to risk one on Mr Chow.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mr. Chow? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mr. Chow, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.